Chapter 20- Make Ups & Break Ups

WARNING: THERE WILL BE FANGIRLING BETWEEN CARRIE AND AARON IN THIS CHAPTER AND I APOLOGIZE. BTW, IM NOT THAT OBSESSED WITH THE SUBJECT THAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT BUT I DO LIKE SUPERHEROES AND HAVE SEEN ALMOST ALL THE MARVEL MOVIES. Teehee😝 and I know I'm horrible for not updating for a long time. Sorry.

----------------------------------

Aaron sat across from me, scrolling on his phone, sipping his lemonade. I watched him unconsciously, sorting out my thoughts. We are at the mall again, the place that's become our regular hangout. Christmas Eve is FREAKING TOMORROW and I haven't heard from Kian since last week. What if he actually listened to me and is never going to come back?

And I don't think I'm okay with that.

I've been a nervous wreck since I that day. Aaron has been helping me, though. He's so sweet and kind and caring and perfect...and I'm totally using him. Don't get me wrong, I like him. A lot. Just I can't stop thinking about Kian and I. I was this was after my breakup with Michael, but this is that intensified by 10.

I mean I was in love with that kid for 13 years. Years! Thats more than half of my life! You don't just get over that in a few days.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

*in senior year of high school*

Kian was over my house, and we were doing homework together. My phone dinged and I leaned over to check it. A message from Michael read:

"Can you come over? I miss you babe." My face brightened at the message.

Turning to Kian, I asked, "Can Michael come over?" His jaw tightened at the sound of his name.

Slowly nodding he said through clenched teeth, "Yeah."

I smiled and texted him back, telling him to come to my house. Michael walked through the door a few minutes later, greeting me with a kiss.

"Did you bring your books," I asked him. "I told you we were studying."

He shook his head and turned towards Kian, his expression filled with hate and surprise.

"What is he doing here?" He scoffed. I glared at him, knowing that the two don't get along well.

"He's my best friend. We practically live together." My eyes met Kian's. His eyes seemed to plead, "Please, make him leave."

I shook my head at him and faced Michael again.

"Is there some secret code I don't know about?" He laughed. Kian and I stared at him, knowing that there actually was.

"Michael," I spoke finally. "Can you get me my science book? It's on the bookshelf, second row to the top."

He nodded and walked to the corner of the room. My head whipped around to Kian.

"Play nice!" I hissed. He made a mocking face at me and stuck his tongue out at me, smiling.

"Oh grow up," I whispered.

His eyes gestured to Michael to show he was returning to ears reach. Michael handed me my book, and I set it on my bed, flipping through the pages. I caught Kian smiling at me and I secretly smiled back, because no one understood our relationship but us. We have secret facial messages, secret body movements, and code words so that no one could know what we are talking about.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

If only life was as good as it was back then. Maybe if Kian and I never dated, I would still be happy. . .