Chapter 21- Christmas: Part 1

I woke up before Kian. My blurry vision tried to make out the time on the alarm clock.

Shit. SHIT.

I sat upright and threw off the overs, resultantly making Kian wake up.

"Carrie?" He asked sleepily, his voice lower than usual since he had just woke up. It made him sound even more adorable.

"What's going on?" He continued, rubbing his eyes. I smiled at his cuteness while I was throwing things into my suitcase,

"My flight to New York takes off in two hours," I sighed. "And I'm last minute packing. . ."

His eyes widened.

"It's Christmas Eve already?" I giggled slightly at his confusion.

"Yeah. Did you decide...about..." I asked dragging the sentence on, not wanting to directly say it.

I hope he knew what I meant. But by the look on his face, he still seemed clueless.

"Kian, have you decided if your coming with me or not?"

I paused my rapid packing momentarily to talk to him about this serious subject. He closed his eyes for a moment too long.

"Car, we just made up yesterday. . ." He trailed off and my heart sank into my stomach.

He's not coming. It's really over. I knew it.

"But," he piped up, slightly scaring me, "I have kept a suitcase packed for the last two weeks just in case something happened."

His eyes met mine, and we both laughed.

"Well, go get it then! I'll meet you at your place in twenty minutes. You better be ready." I commanded.

He nodded and ran out, smiling. I put on some new clothes and rushed into the bathroom to do my makeup.

---

"Kian, slow down! We'll make it there!" I shouted.

"The plane takes off in an hour and we aren't even at the airport yet!" He said, his eyes glued to the road.

His eyebrows were drawn closer together in intense concentration. He's making this whole friends thing hard. I'm stuck in the same position I was for thirteen years again- the girl secretly crushing on her best friend. But I don't think it's really a secret anymore.

If anything, he only stepped on the gas harder when I said this. Now I could see L.A.X in the distance.

"We're almost there," I pressed, hoping he'd calm down.

No luck. He's gonna kill us.

Somehow, we got to the airport in one piece and without getting a speeding ticket. We ran through all the security, and wound up actually making it on time. When we sat down next together, Kian looked over to me with a big smile, and we just burst out laughing.

We spent most of the time talking, playing on our phones and catching up. But, by the fourth hour in, we fell asleep.

---

I woke up just before we began landing, and looked down to find my hand in Kian's and my head on his shoulder.

What happened?

The plane landed in New York around midnight. We spent an hour at baggage claim because the airport forgot about our planes luggage. When we were walking to the front to meet my parents, I started to ask Kian what I'd been wondering before.