Chapter 5

Kara's POV

          I arrive at L-Corp, five minutes early. The assistant lets me see Lena as soon as I arrive, which is a plus. She is just as beautiful as usual. She has her hair up in a ponytail, and is wearing a grey and black dress.

          "Hello Miss Luthor."

          "Please, call me Lena. Its good to see you again Miss Danvers." She shakes my hand. Rao, her hand is soft.

          "Well, if I'm calling you Lena..."

          "Kara it is. If you have a parking ticket I could validate it for you."

          "No, its fine. I flew here. On a bus." Yes, very smooth Kara. I thought I got over being flustered by her.

          "I'm glad you decided to give reporting a shot. Although, if you are here the same day that the president is here to sign the Alien Amnesty Act in two days, I assume."

          "I am here to ask the sister of the world's most notorious alien hater her take on the president's new executive order."

          "I want to show you something." She walks over to a safe, and pulls something out of it. It looks like a computer mouse.

          "What is it?"

          "It is an alien detection device that allows us humans to find out who among them is not truly one of them." Oh no. "It is not market ready. We're still developing it, but I plan to sell it in every store, in every town, all across America."

          "How does it work?"

          "Just a simple skin test. Let me show you what a negative response looks like." She puts her finger on a device, and a light shines green. "See." I nod. "Now you try it." Oh no. No, no , and no. Quick, think quick Kara!

          "But won't a device like this... go against everything America stands for?"

          "Such as?"

          "Well, freedom... against persecution, oppression. America's always been a country full of immigrants."

          "It has always been a country full of humans."

          "Don't you think this device will force aliens to the very shadow the president is trying to shine a light on?"

          "Aliens want to be citizens, that's now their right. But if humans want to know which one of their fellow citizens aren't one of them, then that's their right too." She pauses. "I'm a business woman. L-Corp's in the business to make money, and this will make us a fortune. But unlike my brother, I'm going to do it for the good of the world." While she turns around, I use my heat vision to break the device. "So..." She holds it out to me. I put my finger on it, and the light turns green.

          "See!" I exhale. That was close. "It works perfectly."

          "Well, thank you for having me. I think I have enough information to write an article about you."

          "I hope to see you again Kara." I nod, then leave. I do believe that I have an article to write about how Lena isn't for the president's Alien Amnesty Act. I may be overreacting, but that was an insult to me and all of alien kind!

Alex's POV

          I just finished a call with Detective Sawyer. How did she get my number? That's not my problem. She invited me out to look for intel. She didn't say where, only gave me directions. I agree, though reluctantly. I tell her the basic information we have gathered, what our escapee looks like. I look up the address after we are down talking, and it is an alleyway. Why she wants to bring me there, I don't know. I have to leave in an hour, so I work with Winn a bit. Kara comes in fuming about Lena and aliens. It sounds like the interview didn't go too well. Shit! I look at the time, and I have to be there in five minutes. I just hop on my motorcycle, and try not to be too late.