Chapter 6

Camp Half-Blood, Lia’s POV

By the time I was back in my own bed for the night, I found myself reviewing the long list of things that had happened in the past two days.

1. I had learned that my missing dad was actually a god. Apparently a lazy god that has a bunch of children but does nothing with them as well.

2. Practice is tiring. Especially when it’s not archery.

3. I had played a dangerous game of Capture the Flag.

4. During said game, my memory had been wiped. It also may have been wiped by winged people. I might have a crush on one of said people. Not so important though.

5. Apparently there’s some primordial named Perfection that is trying to take over the world. Maybe for the second time?

6. I have a quest involving this primordial somehow.

7. One of the people in my group absolutely hates me because of my dad.

8. I need to decide on who the third member of our group is. Currently I only know Allan, Herring, and Fawn amongst our siblings. Allan can’t leave because he’s the cabin leader, but even I can not tell Herring and Fawn apart. They both are girls with bright but unfriendly attitudes that hate getting mixed up.

9. I might die.

10. I have absolutely no clue how I am going to get a handle on what is going on in my life.

I sighed, turning over in my bed. Maybe tonight will be a more peaceful night…

I knew my mind disobeyed my wish when I found myself running down a dark hallway.

My heart was pounding loudly as I ran, bow drawn tautly. My step only faltered when I passed any other hallway, checking each direction before continuing running, or when I heard . My red hair was a mess and kept getting in my face, but I didn’t have the hands to move it out of the way.

I finally stopped at one hallway, tightening my grip on my bow. A painful yell emitted from another hallway, yet for some reason my focus went to this one. I glanced either way before dashing down this hallway, watching as the torches that lit up the hall flickered in a way that reminded me of old medieval movies.

A quiet groan emitted from farther down the hallway, and I picked up my pace, turning a corner to see bars between me and a huddled figure that was curled up in the center of the enclosure. Deep red tainted the bright red wings, which were bent at unnatural angles. I rushed over to the door of the enclosure, dropping the bow as I attempted to find some way to pick the lock with the arrow. Which only achieved in waking up the person some, their broken wings moving aside slightly as he looked up at me, his eyes widening.

“Run Lia! It won’t work, you have to run!” He yelled at me desperately. I ignored him, trying desperately to think of some way to pick the lock. He looked behind me, his expression turning to pure horror as pain sprouted in my chest.

My vision began going dark as I looked down, seeing bright red drenching my outfit.

I woke up gasping for breath, clutching my stomach. Everyone in the cabin was still very asleep, the snoring helping me quickly come back to reality. I looked down at my stomach, seeing the regular orange color of the camp tee shirts rather than the color of blood. I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths as I focused on getting my pounding heart to relax.

It was only a dream… I thought to myself But it was so vivid… And the boy… My eyes shot open as I realized I had seen him before, at least in a similar dream. He was the same kid that had wiped my mind in that dream…