Chapter 9

A/N:
YOU KNOW WHAT

I GIVE UP WAITING FOR MY BETA TO CHECK THESE NEXT CHAPTERS

SO THIS MIGHT BE THE WORST ENDING TO A STORY EVER BUT HERE'S THE ENDING!!! LIKE, ALL THE WAY TO THE ENDING ENDING

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT

~~~~~

Reyna’s house, Lia’s POV

    You know what’s awkward? Having to go to the house of someone you do not know. You know what’s even more awkward? Having to be in that house with that person when the person that actually knows her storms out.

    “So… You guys seem to have known each other for a long time…?” I slowly offered, breaking the silence.

    “Yes, we met between the Titan war and the Giant war.” The scary lady responded, sitting down. “He was already very troubled back then, I can’t imagine how he feels now. But for now, I’d like at least one of you to explain why you’re here, and who you two are.” Fawn and I looked at each other before I turned back, responding.

    “Um… Well I’m Lia, we’re both children of Apollo, and we’re on a quest for… Something. Yeah, that’s about all I know.”

    Reyna sighed. “So you’re going on a blind quest then. Let me guess, you have a prophecy?”

    “Yeah, how’d you know?”

    “That’s how the Greeks work. Can you recite it for me?”

    I nodded, leaning back in the chair as I told her the poem the lady had creepily told me. Reyna listened carefully, nodding along as I shared until I got to the end with the line about “Beware of those who seek perfection instead.” She got up, beginning pacing in a way that oddly reminded me of the many times I had seen Nico pace in the past few days.

    “Perfection… From what I hear, that is the name of the primordial that attack us during the last war…” Her eyes widened for a moment as she suddenly left the room. I looked at Fawn, who seemed to be distracting herself with something in her bag.

    Yep, this is definitely awkward. I thought to myself, leaning back in the chair and closing my eyes. The silence only continued for a few brief moments before the sudden slamming of two doors made me fall backwards, landing hard on the ground with the wooden back of the chair digging into me.

    “Oh, good time to get back Di Angelo.” Reyna noted. I heard her walk over to the table as I somehow managed to fall over into a more comfortable position that was off of the chair, yet still on the floor.

    “I take it I missed something?” I heard someone, most likely him, sit down. I slowly sat up, rubbing my head as I tried to take in what was going on. Reyna was laying something out on the table, while Nico was giving a slightly-less-than-a-death stare at everything. Honestly, he just looked dead on the inside. Those jars must have some really big importance to him.

    “Yes. Lia explained your quest, and I remembered something the Hunters of Diana had scouted out a little while back.” She started pointing at something, so I desperately grabbed the chair, sitting it back up before sitting in it myself, watching.

    “There’s been an odd increase in monster activity in this area. Though some force has been taking out monsters elsewhere within the country, it appears as if monsters are able to go to this place without fear. The Hunters agree that it’s likely something is attempting to form an army.” Reyna explained, pointing at a circle on the map she had brought.

Defenders of the Demigods - A Percy Jackson Fanfiction, Book Twoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें