Chapter 13

Camp Jupiter Hospital, Nico’s POV

    I held my head in my hands as I thought over what had happened again.

~~~ Going back in time for once, surprisingly ~~~

    “So you were supposed to die, survived because of Li- Amelia, and then you did die, only to be revived by your great- times something grandfather to act as an immortal Defender guy? That’s pretty crazy.” Lia chuckled, talking Percy, who was apparently alive.

    “Yeah. Now your turn Annabeth, why did you go running off and who is… This?” He asked, motioning to the young girl sleeping in Annabeth’s lap. She sighed.

    “So you remember how my mother has children, correct?” Percy and I nodded, but Lia shook her head “She has children that pop out of her head, similar to how she came from Zeus. Upon seeing my state of depression after Percy had… After we thought he was dead the first time, she decided to let me have his child… Somehow. I don’t know the specifics, nor do I necessarily want to know, but I stayed on Olympus for a while till she was born, and then would travel between Olympus and Camp Half Blood during the following years. But then I died, and Void told me to avoid speaking to her to avoid the gods knowing of our existence. And apparently Eric got his hands on her…” She clenched her fists, looking down at the girl “Eric sent me a dream showing her, saying that I didn’t come to be his queen, she would be tortured.”

    “So… I… Have… A… Kid…” Percy had one of his stupid looks on his face, making Annabeth sigh.

    “Yes. Lia, we may be here a while as we wait for him to process this, so you should probably go check and see if Order is awake yet.” She nodded, going into the room we were waiting outside of.

~~~Well, now we have an explanation~~~

    I don’t know why I came back to this room. Of all the hospital rooms, I definitely shouldn’t be in this one, considering I was the cause of the person needing to be in this room.

    I moved my face upwards so I had my mouth in my hands as I looked on the hospital bed. Lin sat there, breathing calmly, a wrap covering their eyes. I sighed, putting my head back in my hands.

    Bring us back, Nico… Their voices still resonated in my head, the voices of the dead. Bianca, Will, Hazel, Frank, they all had been calling to me, begging me to kill the person that had appeared to be Eric in front of me. When I woke up after whatever the blinding light was that had knocked us out, I had learned that apparently it had been Perfection tricking me into harming Lin with promises of a perfect world, as Order had phrased it.

    As he had by coincidence when I had gone out after learning of what happened to Hazel and Frank, he told me not to blame myself, but it was rather hard not to.

    I knew they were dead. I knew Bianca had been resurrected, but…

    I sudden hand on my shoulder stopped my thoughts, making me jump. I looked in front of me, and based on the quickened breath and the hand now on my shoulder, I could tell Lin was now awake.

    “Who… Nico?” Lin asked carefully.

    “Ye…” I sniffed, realizing I had been crying “Yeah, it’s me…”

To my surprise, Lin chuckled. I realized it was probably due to all the painkiller drugs going through their system.

“Glad to see you’re back in the real world then. Uncle gave you quite some illusion, huh?”

“I… Yeah… I’m sorry…” I muttered, dropping my head again.

“Then make yourself useful and explain why there’s a weight off my chest since I can’t see for myself. Actually, first, there’s no one else in the room, is there?”

    “Uh… No, it’s the middle of the night and I think they’re all asleep… And you look like how you had when I walked in on you on accident.”

    “Did you tell the others?”

    “No, they all immediately assumed it was just coincidence with your shapeshifting powers.”

“Good…”

I should probably explain what is going on. The other day I had accidentally walked in on Lin showering in my bathroom - before you get any weird ideas, Lin was behind a shower curtain, so I didn’t see anything. Anything except for, however, the figure of a guy. When Lin had noticed me, the figure changed to a girl as she yelled a “Please get out, sorry!” at me.

Now, Lin was laying as a guy on the bed. When the others had came to, Percy waved it off saying that Lin was always acting like a guy and stuff, which made me realize Lin hadn’t fully admitted it to anyone before.

“Nico?” Lin asked, making me snap out of my thoughts.

“Yeah?”

“As soon as my eyes are all healed you’re getting a punch to the gut, cause I can see you’re blaming yourself. Well, more of I can tell. But for now.” His hand waved around until it found it’s way to the top of my head before turning into a fist, hitting me over the head. I quickly grabbed his hand, moving back onto the bed.

    “You should sleep, let yourself heal.”

    “And you should sleep, since it’s the middle of the night. I’m fine, so you don’t have to stay up worrying your poor little head off over me.” He smiled, putting his hands behind my head “So vai a dormire.”

    Despite what had happened, I felt a smile creep onto my face as I responded with a “Yes sir.”