Epilouge

Lia’s POV

    I sighed, massaging my temples as I left Camp Jupiter’s School of Godly Descent. Work had been a long day today, with some kid’s parents claiming that setting the desk on fire was better than setting a kid on fire. I opened my phone, looking at the recent messages.

    Oracion: I AM THE RULER OF THE WORLD HAHAHA

    I sighed. Order, along with the other Defenders, had lost his immortality and the majority of his powers in sending Perfection to Void. They had apparently had some sort of mental conversation with Void soon after the incident, and he explained that the fact that Order naturally lost his powers and immortality in an ultimate dispelling of his powers in sending him to void, which coincidentally sent his powers in creating order throughout the universe out into the universe to act on autopilot, and the fact that there was now no point in the Defenders existing meant there was no point in them retaining their immortality any longer. Lin, Annabeth, and Percy had been fine with this, but Order, who now chose to go by Oracion to sound more normal…

Lia: Again?

Nico: Yep

Oracion: I AM THE BEST TRY TO FIGHT ME

Nico: Fieb

Nico: COME AT ME UNCLE

Nico: YOU’RE GOING DOWN BY THE DI ANGELO SQUAD HA

A picture pops up that is sent by Nico. Lin, who is obviously taking the picture, has a challenging look on his face, is laying on the top of a couch right above Nico, who is obviously annoyed that his picture is being taken, but does not seem to be fighting it nonetheless.

I chuckled as I walked down the street on the way to my apartment. 2 years after my quest, Nico had finally convinced Lin to come out about being transgender. The only person who had a hard time with this was Percy, who apparently tended to be slow with some things. Annabeth had to explain to him that no, Amelia was now going by Lin and looking like a boy because Lin is a boy, not because it’s just Amelia acting like a guy. Afterwards, Lin relieved to know no one had a problem with it, expressing himself openly then forward.

With this, it was also revealed that Lin and Nico were apparently officially in a relationship. It didn’t really surprise me, since once Lin could see again, he made sure to always drag Nico around with him.

“He seems like the type of person that needs to know I forgive him for what he did, since he didn’t know it was me to begin with.” Was his excuse. It was easy to see Lin had a thing for them, and apparently Nico had grown fond of Lin too. Enough so that just a year ago, seven years after they admitted to dating, they announced that they were engaged, and were married half a year ago.

Lia: Why don’t you just use your phone, Lin?

Nico: Because Nico already had his phone out when I got home.

Percy: Well, you may have your squad, but what about the Jackson squad?

A picture is sent by Percy, his arms looped around an amused Annabeth and their now teenage daughter, Merida. She, like her father, is smiling at the camera, making a peace sign.

After finally getting over the shock of having a child, Percy quickly jumped on every chance to get to know Merida and act as a father. Through doing such he also became closer to Annabeth again, and after five years he finally proposed to her. They now happily lived together in a house on the outskirts of New Rome.

Oracion: This may prove a challenge…

Nico: What happened?

Nico: It’s Nico now by the way.

Annabeth: Lin, Oracion, and Percy have started challenging each other again…

I turned off my phone and went up the stairs to my apartment, opening the door and heading towards the fridge for a soda. Halfway there, I was tackled from behind, a flash coming in front of me as my picture was taken. I turned, raising an eyebrow at Order as he smirked, looking at his phone. I peeked over the edge as I read his message.

Order had sent a very blurry picture, but I could faintly see the outline of my surprised face and his smirk.

Oracion: HOW BOUT YOU TAKE US BOTH ON

I sighed, watching as he continued arguing with the others, his wings - one of the powers he and the other Defenders kept - fluttering enthusiastically.

Our story? Well, our future is a story that has yet to be written in our hearts.

Fin