Chapter 2: The Unbelievable

Chardonnay:

"Okay, I spied on them yesterday so it's your go today, Isabelle." I say turn to a fresh page in my notebook to complete my History homework on the Ancient Egyptians.

"Char," Isabelle began. "Are you sure about this? Today feels... weird, different, like there is this bug in my stomach." She rubs her belly and pats her head simultaneously and I try to sustain a laugh and snort loudly instead.
I've never been able to do that.

We have been spying on the two for ages since Isabelle's row with Father. We caught snippets of them kissing, money dealing, flirting and gambling. The lot.

"'Course I'm sure. Just... be careful, okay?" I reply. But really, for me too, today also feels weird. It ties inside me like a knot in my stomach, I don't like this feeling. Like something bad is going to happen.

With a small nod and her hands shaking, like she has never done this before (when she has hundreds of times), Isabelle opens the door to our room and faces the dark and empty hallway.

Isabelle:

My thoughts spiral at the thought of what that bitch of a Maid and my Father may be up to as I carefully stroll across the landing pretending to visit the bathroom beside the Maid's quarters. What is happening in her room? What would happen if they caught me? Would they kick me out of the house? Send me to my Mother in NYC? Throw me in an orphanage? Or leave me homeless on the cold and dark streets of London?

I suddenly stop as I hear Maid Meredith's annoying squeals that resemble a witch's' coming from... my parent's bedroom! And my father's low grumbling.

'What on earth?' I thought.

No way.

I take a risk and dive for the keyhole where I will be able to hear them better.
"Honey, I love you," a low grumble says repeatedly, slurry, he was definitely drunk. I look through the keyhole and see that a small lantern had been lit and a huge dome underneath the blanket.

I couldn't believe that they had gone this far. Chardonnay must know.

Maid Meredith's deafening giggles and moans of satisfaction bonded with my father's low grumbles ring the hallway...and suddenly stop.

The door opens, and my father appears seconds later.

He looked livid.

Chardonnay:

I hear Isabelle's scream as it rips though my heart like a dagger and rush to the other end of the hallway, careful to keep my distance.

I see my giant of a father loom over her threateningly as he shoves her one handedly up the wall beside the door cornered as she pleads him, her eyes streaming with tears enough to fill the River Nile.

"Please Father..'

Angrily, his face a deep maroon and the vein behind his right ear pumping as he breathes heavily he shouts, slurring.

"WHY YOU HERE? YOU NOT, NOT TELL LILLIAN ANYTHING. OKAY?"

"I.....I....." she gasps.

He grasps Isabelle's neck and strangles her. Tighter, tighter. I watch the colour drain out of her face. Anger pulsing through my body and I cannot do anything about it. Nothing.

Maid Meredith steps out from the room half naked, a smug look on her toad like face. A new sensation of anger was overwhelmingly strong. I wanted to slap her...no I wanted to murder her. It's all her fault this is happening.

Isabelle's last words were "I...wont...tell." And she slumped on the floor like a rag doll, her long hair covering her face.

I contained my anger inside me. I turned away, tears blurring my vision.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Author's Note:
Soooo.... the second chapter 😁.
Should Chardonnay have done something? Or kept her silence? If she did she would've ended up like her sister.
Anyway, I hope you are enjoying this so far. Well not enjoying but you know what I mean😉.

Let me know what you think in the comments below. 😊

Thanks for reading ;)

Lots of love,
💙💚miss_medani💜💛❤

©Rimaz Osman 2017
All Rights Reserved