Chapter 3: Silence

Written as Chardonnay:

From that night onwards... I kept my silence. I did not speak a word to Father, Mother or Maid Meredith. Not to anybody.

Every time I try to fall asleep over the next few months, I relive the last moments of my dear twin Isabelle's life. The screams cannot penetrate out of my brain; my father's shouts, Isabelle's pleading and the smug look on Maid Meredith's face as if this was all planned. Was it? I didn't have the energy to think about it that way.

There was no funeral arranged for Isabelle, as my father speaks of her as 'taken care of' as he discusses the matter with Maid Meredith, whom continues to wear her smug smile. He clearly seemed disturbed of her death even though he tries to hide it so well. Whereas Maid Meredith seems much too pleased and acted too nicely towards me. It didn't suit her.

I tried my best working with my tutors to succeed, I kept my silence and only spoken in exceptional circumstances. I was locked in at home if I wasn't at school, so I didn't make many friends except Charley and because we were both lonely we sort of clicked well. We soon became the best of friends. Her parents to are divorced, she now lives with her Mother who owns a fashion line.

My mother became worried and flustered because of my crazy shift in personality. I only spoke to her... Without my mother and Charley,  I don't think I would have made it... To today...

I don't know what it is... I think about death too often, how it would have been thousands of times better than life now.

My Mother was the only person whom comforted me, of course. She confronted my "abnormal" ways and advised me to speak up, to anybody and release my thoughts. She says it would "relieve some of the weight on my shoulders".

That, I would never do. I would end up in a hospital for the insane with psychiatrists everywhere which wear sympathetic looks as if they understood your pain. I can imagine the white walls, deep conversations and a hell lot of tablets to calm you down. Or in my case, make you feel alive.

At the end of my homeschooling, I decided that the only way to get into the world of work, was through communication. So gradually, I began speaking slightly more with Charley and going out a bit more.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Author's Note:

A little too rushed and short tbh, but anyways that's the third chapter. As ever, let me know what you think and give me any suggestions.

Lots of love,
💙💚miss_medani 💜💛❤

©Rimaz Osman 2017
All Rights Reserved