Chapter 4: Occupational Upgrade

Above is Chardonnay 10 years later...

Chardonnay:

"CUT!" the director calls.

Out of the kerfuffle of cameras, cables and lights, he jumps gracefully to the stairs of the presenting studio, where I was sat taking a break in between shots.
He walks up to me in the studio, a great smile on his face, outstanding from all the other recorders in his stylish black suit.

"I want to thank you, Taylor, for this impeccable performance you consistently give us at BBC News." he begins with a smile.

No wonder all the reporters working alongside me have a strong crush on him. Some even say that he is single and only 23. He's all they could ask for muscular, very handsome, polite and good at his job.

He raises an eyebrow, looking down at me in my tight suit. I shift uncomfortably. Out of all days.. I should've worn something not as tight. "So from now on, I proudly give you the position of Main Reporter alongside Karina Stewart." he finishes with a matter-of-fact tone.

I was speechless.

Never did I ever believe this day would come true. I only thought it belonged in my wild and weird dreams. Ever since I left highschool I worked towards my ambition of becoming a TV presenter. Whether it was a talk show or the News, I did not mind. So when my Boss declared this in front of the whole team, I was so happy I wanted to cry.

"Not in front of him" I thought.

I quickly realised my mouth was agape in surprise, closed it instantly and looked down at his shiny shoes.

"Thank you... Boss, that means a lot to me." I reply. That means a lot to me? Are you for real Chardonnay?

"Great. Induction begins tomorrow. Let me see you out if the studio."

He walks in front of me, opening doors politely, looking this way and that careful nobody could see us coming until he got to his office where we were alone. We didn't meet anybody on the way. I was confused. "Why are we here? Maybe it is to do with the placement? If so, why was he checking nobody was following us?"

He gestures to the seat in front of his desk leading me to it, his hand on the small of my back. "Only a reassuring gesture, I suppose. Nothing too close."

The office was huge. On one side, the desk sat, a large plush chair behind it. In front of the desk, two of the same design were placed. The calm beige walls contrasted greatly with the paintings hung up on the wall.

"Nice, isn't it?" he asks and I nod, still looking at the huge artwork and paintings displayed which look very expensive.

"Chardonnay call me Jeremiah." he begins, an unexplainable look on his face. "I took you here to...talk."

"Talk about what, exactly as it's 11 o clock at night?" I begin, an unexpected surge of anger going through me. It's happening again, the mood change.

"Is there something wrong? You were fine a moment ago."

"Well, I'm not now, okay, I'm going home so spit whatever you want to say out and just let me go."

I jump up from my chair and the top button of my blazer falls off. The suit was a gorgeous shade of red but too tight, and it showed a bit of cleavage. Now the top button fell off, it shown too much. And to add to all this, he was staring! OMG... what do I do?

I look down at Jeremiah, and he looked up at me. He stood up, took my face in his hand and gently pushed me inches from his face, his expression concerned.
"I'm sorry... I..." I quickly say and look down.

"No. Don't be." He replied.

Blush creeps up my cheeks as I realise how close we are standing.

"I ... really like you ... Chardonnay." he whispers. I look up at his face, his hypnotising blue eyes widened probably in shock of his own confession and his hair, a dark brown, curly and tousled.

No, no, no.. he is you Boss, Char, how can you think about him that way?

"I..." but I was interrupted by the knocking at the door and hastily threw myself backwards into my seat, trying to cover the lost button area with my hair.

Who was at the door at this time? Did they see us coming?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Author's Note:
So.. what do you think of the 4th chapter, good enough? I feel as if my chapters are too short but I want to leave them as cliffhangers often. I like stories like that.....anyway... Thanks for reading as always and share my story of you like it!

Hint! It's not anybody she has met yet!

Lots of love,
💙💚miss_medani11💜💛❤

©Rimaz Osman 2017
All Rights Reserved