Chapter 5: Karina Stewart

Pictured: Alessandra Ambrosio in stunning white suit playing as Karina Stewart.

Jeremiah calls for the intruder to come in and in steps an unfamiliar petite woman. By petite, I mean, without her heels, she would probably reach my waist. She looked really slutty in a slim fitting suit with grey heels that were to kill for. Her brown hair was shoulder length short and beautifully curled. She looks at me, then Jeremiah and back at me again.

"Am I interrupting a meeting here?" she asks her eyes wide.

"No, not at all...Good afternoon, Stewart." Jeremiah began as he speedily crossed to the door and shook her hand, turning around and giving me a quick wink, which I daresay she noticed. "I was just proposing Taylor the new placement as Main Reporter of which she has taken happily. She shall be working alongside you, Stewart."

"Oh that"s just GREAT." she replies. I can almost taste the sarcasm spilling out of her mouth. She's probably one of the reporters who would drool all over him, if she had the chance.

She walks up to me and shakes my hand staring into my eyes the whole time. "Congratulations," she says eyeing my outfit.

"Thank you," I reply, trying to keep my voice as casual as possible.

"So, I shall see you tomorrow to begin the Induction with you, I hope."

"Yes, see you tomorrow," I finish.

She turns around, smiles at Jeremiah and steps out of the door, closing it behind her. I turn and look at Jeremiah, raising an eyebrow. "Proposing a placement? Really, Boss?"

He smirks and I swear I died and went to heaven.

"Chardonnay call me Jeremiah" he begins again "when are you free so I can pick you up?" he asks so casually as if he has done this hundreds of times before.

Pick me up? PICK ME UP?!

I hardly know Jeremiah and he wants to go on a date with me? This is craaaazy. Oh my God! What do I say? Do I lie or tell the truth?

I go for the latter and lie.

"Oh.. er...sorry, I don't. My father must be waiting for me worried sick at home because....I'm... er, so late. Good night."
I head for the door in a hurry but as I put my hand on the doorknob, I feel a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist.

"I want to say a proper goodnight" he whispers down my ear.

Why wont he stop touching me and leave me alone?

I push his arms forcefully away from me and turn around to face him who happens to be centimeters away from me again.

Its happening, the mood change. Fear and anger now wash through me.

"I hardly know you, Boss, and you are acting too close. I ask one favor and just leave me alone. Okay?" I half shout, half my voice laced in desperation.

I turn the door knob forcefully and storm down the corridor, putting every effort in not to look back.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Author's Note:
So.. what do you think of Jeremiah's desperate actions? Should Chardonnay have lied? Should she have told the truth? And what do you think is causing the rapid mood switches?

As usual thank you for reading and any suggestions are welcome.

Lots of love,
💙💚miss_medani11💜💛❤

©Rimaz Osman 2017
All Rights Reserved