Chapter 5 : Snivellus

"I walked down the hill and to the lake with James beside me, Remus somewhere behind with his head stuck in a book and Peter following James every movement.

It was nice and sunny so Remus suggested we do our 'homework' outside. Remus is the only one who actually brought books though. So you can guess that we're not actually doing homework.

I think they already guessed that, idiot.

Only idiots call themselves idiot, idiot.

Look who's talking.

Why do I continue to talk to you when you just annoy me?

Because I'm awesome and too cool to ignore.

No there must be a real reason.

You just said your not awesome, genius.

I take the last bit was sarcasm and people are nudging me really hard right now so this conversation is over!

Wimp.

I scowled at James, who had been nudging me. He just rolled his eyes and pointed to a group by the lake. A group of girls.

There were two brunettes. Them there was one brunette that almost looked red in the sun. A redhead and finally a black haired girl. They looked oh so familiar. Oh right, we're friends with two of them. There was Jordan, Ariel, Alice Scotch, Lily Evans (of course) and Remus' crush, Jasmine Gold.

They were all dipping their feet in the lake and talking.

"Wanna listen to there conversation?" I asked. James nodded. We took a few steps forward and hid behind a near by tree.

"Frank Longbottom asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him" Alice giggled.

"That was SO obvious, Alice. I was kind of hoping Remus would ask me out. I mean we've been spending a lot of time together this year and he's really cute" Jasmine huffed. Ariel and Jordan rolled their eyes, knowing that Remus liked her.

"James will not stop asking me out! I'm thinking of accepting Eddie's offer just to get him to leave me alone" Lily said. Jordan shook her head.

" Why won't you give James a chance, Lily? Besides if anyone should stop asking a particular person out, its Regulus. I think he's playing some kind of game with the other Slytherins. Whatever it is, he will not stop asking me out and flirting all the time" Jordan said. She looked irritated.

"Can we drop this subject please?" Ariel asked. "I haven't got asked out since last year. I mean, not even Eddie has asked me out! Am I getting ugly or something?"

I know why she hasn't got asked out.  I threatened to beat up anyone that did.

I decided this was my time to enter. I walked up and plopped down next to Ariel, slinging my arm over her shoulder.