Chapter 14 : The accident

"I walked into the great hall high and mightily. I had a good feeling about today.

It's almost Christmas and the castles got the Christmas decorations all around. Christmas was always one of my favourite times at Hogwarts.

The Christmas trees were up everywhere and baubles hung on all the knight statues. Snow fell slightly outside the castle and decorated it like a wonderland. My favourite thing about Christmas at Hogwarts though, was the fact I didn't have to go home and face my parents. Well that my favourite thing in the first few years when I lived with them.

James and Lily had been on about six dates already and they were arguing less and less. Jordan was still avoiding Regulus, not wanting to tell him that she was scared of him. Remus was spending time with Jasmine. Peter had been spending less and less time with us. Ariel was straight out avoiding me. No idea why.

I was actually spending a lot of time with Benny lately. No one else would stay in one place for a lot of time.

Ariel would leave as soon as I arrive. James always went off to Lily. Peter would run of to the library for some unknown reason. Remus would go to find Jasmine. Jordan would always leave as soon as Regulus entered the room.

As I went in, I seen the rest of the Maurders sitting at the Gryffindor table, James smiling widely, Ariel laughing, still not noticing me, Remus reading a book as usual, Jordan looking nervous but still smiling and Peter eating away greedily at the sausage, toast and bacon that ran down the tables.

I took a seat next to Ariel, whom immediately got up. James, who was on her other side, and I grabbed both her arms and forced her to sit down again.

Lily sat on James' other side, Remus across from Lily, Peter next to Remus and Jordan next to Peter. They were all chatting. I looked at Jordan, who was looking at me.

"I'm going to tell him" she whispered, so no one else heard. No one knew about Regulus other than me. Ariel looked at us suspiciously before turning back and starting a conversation with Lily and James.

"That's good. He needs to know, Jordan. You can't keep avoiding him like this. He needs to know. For your sake" I tell her. She just nods. Ariel looks at us again.

This time she gets up and leaves the great hall, this time not giving us a chance to grab her. Lily gets up as well and runs after her, followed by Jordan. I shook my head. It was nothing.

"Guys, guess what" James said. We all looked at him. He was shaking with excitement.

"What?" Remus and I asked together. We looked at each other and glared. We are not those friends.

"Lily and I had our first kiss last night!" he said, excitedly. The thing about Lily and James was that they may have gone on many dates but they hadn't kissed. Jordan had told Lily had been complaining about when James was going to kiss her and James had been complaining to us about not knowing when to kiss her and why the guy shouldn't have to be the one to kiss her first and that they could make a fool of himself.

"Congratulations" I told him, giving him a clap on the back and messing his hair up with my hand. He pouted and brought his hand up to my hair but I quickly slapped it away and glared at him. No one touches the hair.

"Hey, don't forget about tonight at midnight. Be there this time" I warned. Remus had been complaining about last year and how he had been left alone even to this day. I can NOT go through that again. I got up and left the great hall.

I plan on getting answers from Ariel and answers I will get.

*

It was almost midnight. I had been looking for Ariel all day. For hours I searched until I discovered where she was.

Her room.

Its times like these I curse the magical staircases. I just want to get up them once! I promise I won't do anything.

It was as I was pacing up and down in my room, trying to think of a way to get into her room, that I discovered a way. I grabbed James' Nimbus 1967 and ran to the window. Eddie was sleeping and everyone else was heading to the shrieking shack. This was more important to me and I knew for a fact that Ariel hadn't left yet.

I mounted the broom and flew over to the girls window, that was only a few minutes away. I used my wand to open it and climbed in.

Ariel looked at me in shock and then tried to push me back out. I would have shouted but the other two girls in her room were sleeping.

I grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the room, and onto the staircase, causing it to turn into a slide, making both of us fall down it.

Once we landed at the bottom, I grabbed her arm and dragged her to one of the armchairs. I sat her down and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked. She shook her head. I walked up to her and asked again, my teeth gritted. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not" she said, coldly. I rolled my eyes. No, she just happened to leave every room I wanted to arrive in.

I can see why she avoided you. I would have as well.

Does anyone ever ask your input in anything.

No.

Then don't give it!

Don't tell me what to do!

Watch me!

Hmph!

"Tell me!" I shouted. She shook her head, not meeting my eyes. "TELL ME!"

"Because you and Jordan obviously have something. All this whispering and crap. And don't think I didn't hear what you said earlier. ' That's good. He needs to know, Jordan. You can't keep avoiding him like this. He needs to know. For your sake'" she mocked. I rolled my eyes. That was what this was about?

"Regulus is a Death Eater. That day she disappeared, he had just told her. She had told me she was scared of him. I kept insisting she needed to tell him. Today she told me she was going to. That's what we were talking about" I told her angrily. Why would she think I would let Jordan cheat on my brother with me? I may be a player but I don't steal guy's girlfriend.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have thought that" she said quietly. She never was one to apologise. Then a thought came to mind.

"Why would you care anyway. Last time I checked you hate me" I said coldly. It was the impression her glares gave me.

"Don't be stupid Sirius. I don't hate you" she hissed. She had obviously felt the coldness in my voice. I was getting more angry by the second.

"If you'd don't hate me, why are you avoiding me like the plague?" I sneered. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Because I like you! I like you!" she shouted. I looked at her in shock. Then I grinned. She liked me. I liked her and she liked me. This was perfect.

The portrait hole swung open and banged against the wall. I looked up to see a panting James, hair more disheveled than usual. His eyes were red and puffy and a few tears were streaming down his cheek. He looked at us with a panicked look.

"Guys. Come quick. It's Jordan."

*

Ooh! Cliffhanger. You know I'll update soon anyway!!! It took me a long time to get around to writing this so appreciate it!!! I know its kind of short but I wanted to end this with a cliffhanger so I tried to make it as long as possible!! Thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.