Chapter 18 : Goodbye Hogwarts

"I sat down tiredly in my seat at the Gryffindor table, next to James, across from Peter.

"Come on, Padfoot" James begged. I rolled my eyes. He had been trying this for ages and it wasn't going to work. "Just one last prank. We haven't pranked anyone since before... you know."

"For the last time, Prongs. No, I don't want to prank anyone" I scolded him. He opened his mouth to speak but Remus beat him to it.

"Do you really want to leave Hogwarts as that guy that hit a girl then got all depressed after it? No. That's Snivellus' title. One more prank and we'll be known as the pranksters of Hogwarts for years on."

Moony had a point. I mean I mope to much. This wasn't like me. But Ariel hadn't talked to me since that night in the common room. Maybe one last prank wouldn't do any harm. Or it will... to the person we're pranking... but oh well!

"Fine" I tell them. James grins. "One last prank."

James grins again and high-fives Remus. I frown and shake my head at them. They both look at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"High-fives are for Hufflepuffs" I scold them. They roll their eyes and start doing a mini happy dance. Thank Godric it's nothing like James' when Lily agreed to go out with him.

The owls came in and brought all the students their letters and packages.

A barn owl landed in front of Remus with a copy of the Daily Prophet in its claws. Remus put three knuts in the pouch the owl was carrying and it flew away.

Remus opened the newspaper and began reading. I rolled my eyes at him. Oldy. His original grin turned to a frown. James, Peter and I looked over at him curiously.

James got up and looked over his shoulder and read the article and he also began to frown.

Peter followed James actions and looked over Remus' other shoulder. Once again, he frowned.

"What is it?" I asked, since there wasn't another shoulder to look over. They looked up at me and Remus quickly hid the paper behind his back.

"Nothing" James said, quickly. Too quickly. I narrowed my eyes at them, suspiciously.

"Tell me" I demanded. They shook their heads and Peter waved his hand in the air, motioning that it was nothing. It obviously was.

"Its nothing" Remus told me. I rolled my eyes. I seem to do that to much. I held out my hand out for the paper. Remus shook his head and got out of his chair and ran to the other side of the table.

I got up and ran after him. He noticed me coming and began to run faster in the other direction. I ran faster again, knowing I'm faster than Remus.

Just as he turned to round the table edge, I tackled him to the ground. I grabbed the newspaper out of his hand, ignoring the looks everyone else were giving me.

I opened the newspaper and looked at the big article.

'Two dead and more expected to be soon

He-who-must-not-be-named is getting stronger by the second. Two more deaths have been reported and more are expected to come soon.

The first death is Miss Elaine Swan, a muggle, the last of her family. Her sister recently passed away after breaking her neck and her parents died almost two years ago, in a Death Eater attack on their muggle attack.