Chapter 15 : Jordan Iris Swan

"We followed James out of the common room the minute he mentioned Jordan's name.

He led us up magical staircases and all the way to the hospital wing. He opened the door and I was enveloped in white.

Madam Pomfery was rushing around the room, grabbing all kinds of medicines and potions.

I looked over at the beds and looked away quickly after I seen something I wish I never had seen.

Jordan lay there, hair still its perfect wavy shoulder length, skin as pale as snow, with blood surrounding her neck. A huge part of her neck was missing. If the machines at her side weren't beating - quickly- then I would have thought she was dead.

Peter and Regulus were by her side, Regulus holding her hand, his face stained with tears as he kept mumbling the words, "Wake up. Wake up, Jordan."

Peter sat there with a frown on his face as he looked down at Jordan. He was mumbling words under his breath that no one could hear other than himself.

Regulus had obviously forgotten about being a Death Eater and her being a 'mudblood'. He wouldn't have cared if anyone walked into the room right now and seen him in this state.

Ariel had caught where I was looking and whipped her head towards them. Her eyes widened and she slowly walked towards the bed. Her face was calm as she kneeled down to look at her. Then she broke down. I got down beside her and put an arm around her shoulder.

I couldn't help but look down at Jordan and think of all the times I had seen her, so much happier than this.

She always was the optimistic one in the group, with her perfect full-tooth smile that seemed to be stuck on her face at all times. She was so small and innocent. Now her mouth was in a firm line, she looked dead. That's the only word that can describe her. Dead. But she's not. Not yet.

I close my eyes as all the memories of her flood back.

Her that first day on the train, looking nervous but excited. The first time she successfully cast a spell. The time she jumped into the lake, can out soaking wet and give Remus a big hug. During the summer when we had met up in Diagon Alley, she had been bragging about her O.W.L's. She had gotten O's on everything except Divination, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes (she had taken over the amount of two extra subjects). When we were on the train and we all accepted the fact that she liked Regulus.

Then the memories I would rather forget came.

The time Regulus called her a 'mudblood' in first year and she cried. The time she had a scowl on her face as she told us about her muggle sister dating 'stupid Parkinson'. In third year, the first time she had actually got caught doing a prank for the first time and the innocent act didn't work, she had gotten her first detention and spent the whole day walking around with a sullen face. The time she had to walk around with a giant plaster on her nose because she had been hit by a bludger during a game against Slytherin; all she did was glare at Narcissa, who had aimed for her just before she could throw the quaffle through the hoop. In fifth year, the days she would come down to breakfast with dark bags under her eyes from studying. In sixth year, when she had slapped me. And this year when she had been crying in a cupboard in the dungeons about Regulus.

I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind. I looked up at James, who was once again crying, looking at Jordan.

"What happened?" I asked him. The only thing I know is that there is a big chink of skin missing from her neck. Most likely she broke it. In the muggle world that would instantly kill you but if you use your wand over and over again until you get the person to a hospital of some kind, there's a small chance the person may live. Tiny. Small.

James motioned for me to follow him out. I nodded and we stepped outside the door of the hospital wing. I closed the door and looked at him expectantly.

"Moony" he said. I looked at him with wide eyes. "We noticed you and Ariel weren't there so Jordan decided to go get you and... and she... she shifted before she left the shrieking shack."

I blinked back a few tears. This was my fault. All my fault. I took deep breaths and tried to calm down. Blaming myself would get me nowhere. But I can't help the guilty feeling that's rising in my stomach.

I opened the door again to find Ariel and Regulus fighting. Ariel's face was red with anger as she lashed out at Regulus.

"The last words I said to her were that she was a stupid, lying, cheating slut. And your saying I don't have the right to scream in frustration?" she questions him, venom dripping from each word. She glares at him and he glares back. They never did get along.

"The last words she said to me was that she was afraid of me and I just told her that she was the mudblood all my friends thought she was. Do you see me screaming frustration?" he questions, coldly. I grit my teeth as I make my way towards them.

"Well you hardly know her. How long have you two been dating? A year? Oh wait. Your not even properly dating her because according to you, she's a mudblood and that would ruin your reputation!" Ariel said, maniacally. She was angry. Really angry. I stopped Regulus from retorting as I put both my hands over their mouths.

"Would you two grow up. Here is Jordan, pretty much laying on her death bed and you two are arguing about who knows her better. Well if both of you knew her well, you would know she wouldn't want the man she loved and her best friend in the whole world arguing about her" I scolded. Both of them looked down but Regulus looked up with wide eyes.

"She loves me?" he questioned. I nodded. He smiled, a full-blown smile and takes Jordan's hand in his. "I love you too, Jordan."

And even if it were for a mere second, I swear her mouth twitched up."

"Really?" Hermione asked with a dreamy sigh. I look up at her hopeful eyes.

"Nope but it makes the story sound better" I tell her. She pouts and so does Ginny as the boys roll their eyes. "Now on with the story."

"The door to the hospital wing opened and little Benny came running in.

"Jordan" he screams. I look down at the dirty blonde haired boy and remember Jordan was his first crush. Still is his crush.

"Benny. I don't want you seeing her like this. Please go back to your common room" Ariel tells him sadly. I can't help but agree with her. I wish I hadn't seen her like this, I can't imagine what Benny must be thinking. The little boy just pouts and folds her arms across his chest.

"No. I'll leave when Regulus leaves" he pouts. I look at Regulus, who looks at us, shrugs and turns back to Jordan.

"Is what I am really that terrible, Sirius" he asks, not taking his eyes away from Jordan's face. I think of the time Jordan broke down telling me about how scared she was.

"Yes. Yes it is, Regulus" I tell him. His face goes emotionless as he rubs circles in Jordan's palm.

Then of starts. The monitor. It starts beeping. And Madam Pomfery starts doing things with Jordan quickly. Then she turns the machine off.

All the while I pull a kicking and screaming Benny out of the hospital wing. He's too young to understand this. Too young to have to go through this."

"And that kids is why you are not allowed to tell Remus I told you this story" I tell them. They nod slowly. Ginny and Hermione wipe tears from their faces. "But that's not the end of this story. That was just the story of why Jordan Iris Swan is not a Maurders anymore."

*

Okay, sorry for not updating yesterday but I recently started reading Divergent and I got hooked to it. I'm only starting the second but the first one was sad!! I had two favourite characters and I'm not going to give you any names but for those of you who have read it will understand. The first one killed himself and the second got shot in the head. It was SO sad!!! It was Fred Weasley all over again for me. I actually cried in a diner I read it in. So yeah. Thanks for reading!!!

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan.