Chapter 11: The Water Scroll

LING'S P.O.V
I felt Aang's anxiety through our bond and watched as he paced nervously back and forth on Appa's saddle.

"Would you calm down? And could you sit down, your scaring me." I asked. He looked into my eyes for a second; his eyes cloudy with concern and pain for a second before he started pacing again. He shook his hands in frustration while saying, "I can't. It's just what Roku said, I have to master all four elements before that comet comes in the summer."

"Yeah, we know that already, now we just need to wait another three hundred years for you to master the other elements and to have three more comets destroy the world and Bam! We're done." Sokka joked, only to make Aang even more nervous. I elbowed him in the side,"Not helping." I whispered.

"Well I can teach you what I know about Waterbending if you like,"Katara offered.

"Really?" Aang perked up.

"Sure, and Ling I could show you too," Katara added.

"Thanks, that would be great. I also need to master all four elements if I'm to help take care of Aang and help him fight the Firelord." I agreed before jumping onto Appa's head and grabbing the reigns,"Now all I have to do is find us some water."

"Sure, let's find a little puddle for you to splash in,"Sokka said.

****A Giant Waterfall****
"Nice puddle,"Sokka commented as we all stared up at the powerful raging stream of water that fell from the tip of a cliff. The water glittered in the sunlight, and little rainbows and splashes of white foam added a splash of interesting colors and texture to it.

"It is indeed," I said in awe before Aang yelled, "Last one in is a rotten melon!" He raced forward and began throwing off his clothes as I chased after him and began struggling with my shawl.

Before I could get far Katara called,"Hold up you two! Remember why we're here." I sighed and threw my shawl back on, while Aang hurried to wriggle into his clothes. Then Appa swooped down and flopped into the cool water, 'Way to show off' I thought bitterly.

"Right. Yeah, let's learn some Waterbending!" Aang cheered and I couldn't help the small grin that crept onto my face. Why was his joy so contagious?

"Wait, wait, wait, what am I supposed to do?" Sokka asked, folding his arms.

"Ummm, you could clean the gunk out of Appa's toes?" Aang suggested passing Sokka a branch covered in small green leaves.

"Sooo, while you guys get to play in and with the water, I'm supposed to be hard at work cleaning Appa."

"Yep!"

"Okay," Sokka sighed in defeat.

"Cheer up!" I yelled," I mean he has carried us like halfway around the globe or whatever so its the least you could do," he seemed to consider this for a moment," Besides, this is one thing you can do to be actually helpful." He grumbled and I laughed, "Now. Bring on the water!"

I walk over and stand next to Aang as Katara begins to demonstrate, she waved her hands back and forth and we watched as the water began to move back and forth in time with her hands,"This is a pretty basic move, but it still took me months to perfect, so don't be frustrated if you don't get it straight away. You just have to push and pull the water like this."

I observed her carefully and moved to copy her stance and movements before I reached out to the water. It responded instantly and I could feel its slippery and ever-changing nature around me and at the tips of my fingers,"The key is getting the wrist movements right," Katara explained as Aang and I tried to copy her movements.