~ 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ~

⬆ Darren ⬆️️

Darren ⬆️️

Darren has been mates with Kyle since the third grade, around the middle of their sophomore year of high school, Kyle found out he was going to move. Since then they both decided to write letters to each other to keep in touch. They weren't into texting and other social media things like other teenagers, they were both always old-fashioned and had a passion for writing so they figured, why not?

Kyle hasn't been writing back for the past couple of weeks, so Darren thought maybe he did something wrong. He was always worried that Kyle would grow tired of him eventually or start to feel uncomfortable, his worry started once he came out as gay to Kyle back in 8th grade. Darren decides he should just continue to write to him until he responds in hopes that Kyle is just simply busy at the moment.

Little does he know his life is about to change...

Jacks POV

Another letter came in the mail today, from the same person, some guy named "Darren"? Apparently the people that used to live here had a son named Kyle and was mates with this dude Darren. I've been reading the letters he sends. I know it's wrong to snoop, but I thought the letters would stop eventually once this guy realized that "Kyle" isn't writing back. So I avoided opening them and just saved em incase "Kyle" came back to take the letters then write this dude back and tell him he moved but, as it rolled on to the second week I figured that was never going to happen and just decided to read the letters anyway.

I've found out a lot about this Darren guy. He seems to be a pretty caring, persistent, kind, and sensitive guy, well....according to what I got from his letters. Something about the letters always made me want to read them. Like a ritual almost, every two days a new letter would arrive and I would walk out to my mail box, scatter through the usual ads and bills then take the letter inside and sit at my kitchen table to read it while I drank my coffee, as if it was the daily newspaper. About every few letters had a short story that "Darren" apparently wrote on his own and would write them to Kyle to ask for his opinion because Darren wrote short stories for his school newspaper. All stories were so good, it was hard to believe this guy could only be in high school. In his recent letter, he wrote a short story that I couldn't stop myself from reading over and over again. I just had to tell "Darren" he needed to put that story in his school paper, or at least try to publish it.

I strangely wanted to help this stranger who I've only come to know through pieces of paper with personal information on them.

So the next day after receiving this letter, I wrote my own to him, explaining everything to why I'm writing him and how I got his letters and such.

I finished the letter, sealed it, stamped it, and sent it to the return address all the letters had. Now I wait...

Hope it's okay so far 😅 this is my first time writing so I hope you guys enjoy! It gets better further into the chapters !

Comment if you want me to continue
~ Jessica 💜