5

animatic by szin!
________________________________________

~Time skip to the next few days~

~Jefferson POV~

As I walked into the break room, I noticed someone staring at me. I didnt turn to look at them but I knew they were there.

Ever since I had "met" Alexander, I couldnt stop thinking about him. I almost couldnt believe it. I had convinced myself that I would never see him again but here he was.

He looked the exact same as I had remembered him those 5 years ago. Beautiful.

If I remembered hard enough, I could smell his scent when we would cuddle up together. I could feel how soft his brown hair was when I combed my fingers through it. I could taste the bitter coffee that he always like to drink.

My heart yearned for him.

I wish I could just go up to him and envelope him in a big hug.

But i cant.

I contemplated quitting my job and finding a new one. The pain of having to watch a shadow of someone you love hurts too much.

When Washington and I told the rest of the group, they had similiar reactions to me. Disbelief.

I walked over to the coffee machine and began to make some coffee. Out of the corner of my eye, the person who was staring at me was walking right towards me.

I held my breath in anticipation for one of those friendly co-worker conversations.

"Hi."

I froze. I would know that voice anywhere. It hasnt changed.

I turned to face my co-worker and held my breath when it was exactly who I thought it would be.

Alexander Hamilton

"Thomas Jefferson, right?" he questioned with a smile. I noticed that he had a cup of coffee in his hand. Black and bitter. Just the way he always liked it.

I nodded my head and smiled. Maybe this was a second chance at a life for me and him. Maybe maybe maybe.

"And you're Alexander Hamilton, if im not mistaken?" I said, although I knew exactly what the answer was.

"That's me!" He started to walk over to the table in the middle of the room. "Sit with me? Washington said that we should get to know each other better so I figured that i would catch you in the break room. "

I walked over to the table and took a seat.

"So," I paused. What could I ask? I already knew everything about him. From what food he likes to his favorite animals. I thought for a moment before continuing my sentence, "where do you live?"

That was one thing I didnt know about him anymore.

"Not to far from here." He waved his hand in a general direction. "I live in Washington Heights. You?"

In the heights? That wasnt too far from here. All this time and we've been living 10 minutes away from each other?

"I live pretty close too. In the apartment complexes by sesame street," I replied.

He nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

We had a friendly conversation before his break ended. We said our goodbyes.

When he left, I sat there and thought about our conversation. My heart fluttered when he moved his hands to push the hair out of his face or when his eyes would have a glint in them when he was talking about something he was passionate about.

There was something missing from our talk. The way we talked was so...

formal.

He was talking to me the way you talked to a complete stranger, which I guess to him I was. That just reminded me that he didnt remember.

He didnt know about the promises we made to each other in the dark. The sweet nothings I would whisper into his ear when we were falling alseep. The nights when we would binge watch disney movies. The thousands of parties we would go to together. The cuddles we shared. The secrets. The laughs. The kisses.

I sighed and put my head down. Maybe it was for the best.

Because he also didnt know about the harsh words i used to spit at him in high school. The kicks and punches I would throw. I regret all of it and I was sorry. But it was better if he didnt remember.

All these memories swirled in my head. It was too much.

Part of me was enthralled by the fact that I was able to talk to Alexander again. Part of me wanted to stay as far away from him as possible.

I lifted my head and got up. Break's over.

______________________

Heyo

~❤