8

GUYS I LEARNED HOW TO PLAY PART OF ITS QUIET UPTOWN ON THE PIANO AND I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO (properly) PLAY THE PIANO

now THATS an obsession...oh well

hope u guys like this chapter!

btw this animatic gave me tHE FEELS^^^
animatic by Avenoire
___________________________

~Thomas POV~

After that day in Starbucks, we had decided to try going on a date. It reminded me of the very first date that I had gone on Alex with. The date in college.

Flashback

I walked up to dorm 1776 and stopped at the door. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves. My hands were sweating and shaky.

I knocked on the door and waited. The door opened, revealing my date.

Alex wore jeans and a green sweatshirt but he still looked amazing. He had let down his usual bun. I wanted to laugh at myself. Two weeks ago we had been spitting insults at each other. Now we were going on a date.

"Hey Thomas, where do you wanna go?"

"Uh, how bout the bookstore?" A few days ago we had found out that we both loved books. He gave me a grin and linked his arm with mine. Best day of my life.

flashback over

Now, we had been dating for a month. He hadnt mentioned the memory thing again so I assumed that he hadn't remembered anything else. None of us told him that we knew each other before his memory loss. He still didnt know.

I couldnt believe it. It had been 5 years since I've been able to call Alex my boyfriend. I had cut myself off from even thinking about dating since Alex left. It was nice to be able to cuddle and share my feelings with him again. I guess not even memory loss can keep us apart.

It was like falling in love all over again.

"Thomas we have to go!"

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Alex came over to me and started tugging on my arm. We were now sharing an apartment. Exactly like before.

"C'mon everyone is going to Laf's tonight."

"Oh yeah," I said and jumped up from where I was seated on the couch.

As we walked hand in hand over to Laf's apartment, I thought about how much Alex had fit in. He got along with everyone and he felt right at home with them.

I knew that everyone was a little disappointed to see Alex without his old memories but they had put that aside. It was time to make new memories.

We entered our friend's apartment and were met with hello's. We sat down and talked for a while. Somehow, we got on the topic of dreams.

"Yeah one time, I dreamt that I made enough macaroni to last me a life time!" I said and leaned back on the couch. It was one of my favorite dreams. Everyone laughed and gave me weird looks.

"Last night," Alex started to say. "I had a dream where me and Laf stole a name plate from a teacher's desk. I think we were in high school? and the teacher's name was Mr. Adams or somethin like that."

"Mon amie...you...dreamt that?" Laf asked quietly. No one said a single word as Alex nodded his head in confusion. I was shocked. There was no way he dreamt that. He and Laf had actually done that in high school. I remembered that. They had received two weeks of detention for that.

"Uh, did I say something wrong?" Alex asked and looked at all of our shocked faces.

"Alex...maybe it was time we told you something," I said and put my arms around him. He was sitting on my lap.

I looked over at Angelica, who gave me a small nod. I took a deep breath before explaining everything.

We all took turns, telling him stories and things we had done as a group over the years. Throught the whole thing, Alex stayed silent.

When we had finished, 3 hours had already passed.

"So, let me get this right...I-I knew all of you guys before my memory loss?" he asked in shock. We nodded.

Suddenly, his back staightened and he jumped up from my lap.

"Wait I have to get something! I'll be back!" He shouted and bolted out of the apartment before any of us could stop him.

"So do you think he'll remember anything now?" John asked. We shrugged and talked a lottle bit more before Alex busted into the room. He was taking deep breaths as if he had just gone on a long run. He held a small picture in his hand.

"I have this." he gave the picture to the closest person who was Eliza. She looked at the picture in shock and passed it to the next person. Alex sat in my lap and I held him close.

"Are you ok?" I whispered to him as we waited for the picture to be passed to me.

"Besides the fact that I just found out that all you guys knew me since high school? Yeah I'm fine," he chuckled.

"Do-Do you remember anything else now that we've told you?" I asked but he shook his head sadly.

Eventually, Herc handed me the picture. Me and Alex looked at it. I smiled when I realized what this was from.

Graduation day

This was from when we all graduated King's College. I studied our grinning faces.

Laf was on Herc's back. The three Schuylers were hugging each other. John and Madison had their arms slinged around each other while Alex and I held hands. Washington was smiling at all of us proudly.

"I've had this picture ever since I can remember. The moment I saw you guys, I knew that I had to talk to all of you. I almost forgot about this picture."

I enveloped him in a tight and loving hug.

"I'll never let go of you again," I whispered.

He smiled and hugged me back even if he didnt know. He didnt know that I was talking about the promise I had made to him on that day.

___________________________

Guys theres an epilogue....

just wait for it...

~❤