Epilogue

ahhhhh

my favorite animatic to end of this fanfic

animatic by exadorlion
_______________________________

~Thomas POV~

I held hands with Alex as we walked together to the playground in the park. Our son, Philip, was skipping ahead of us. Alex, my husband, leaned his head on my shoulder as we watched our adopted child.

We had been together for 6 years now. Alex hadnt remebered anything else from his past but it never bothered me. We had made many more memories since then.

We made it to the playground and Pip turned around to ask me something.

"Daddy, can you spin me around!!" he giggled and I smiled at him and picked him up.

~Alex POV~

I watched as the two people I loved the most laughed together. My husband picked my son up and spun him around.

"Dont let me go!" Pip screamed happily.

Let me go

let me go

let me go

Those three words kept ringing in my jead but I wasnt sure why. I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I decided to sit on the bench and put my head in my hands.

Let me go

let me go

let me go

Slowly, Pip's voice changed into mine. I shut my eyes and tried to stop it. Suddenly, I wasnt in the park anymore. A thousand different memories started to flood my mind. Parties, birthdays, holidays, friends, school, cuddles, promises, and kisses. But one memory stuck out the most.

Flashback

I was sitting on the couch in between Thomas' legs. He was combing my hair with his hands.

"Tommy," I whispered and Thomas stopped touching my hair. He hummed. "I was thinking. What are you gonna do when I forget you?" I turned around to look at him.

"Hun, what do you mean?" He gave me a questioning look. "You are not going to forget me!"

No. That was a lie and we both knew it. Until now, it was the unspoken thing that hung above us.

"Thats a lie and we both know it." I responded calmly and softly.

He sighed and he hugged me closer. "I dont know. I guess that I'll just have to let you go. Let you live your own life. A new life.When you forget, you'll be a completly different person than who you are now. You'll completely forget about all the hardships from your life now. You'll be- free." he said calmly and confidently.

As he was talking, I studied his face. I knew that one day, somehow, I would forget. I would forget all of the memories we had made together. The times when we laughed together, told each other our hopes and dreams, and stayed with each other when we needed each ohter he most. I memorised his face, his scent, and his voice. Every night with him might be my last one. I had to make every single one count.

I listened to what he was saying.

"How do you know that?" I asked and he gave me a shrug.

"I dont know. I just," he paused. " I just do."

Thats when I realized. I didnt want to be a burden on him. I didnt want to be a reminder to him and the rest of our friends. I didnt want to remind them of what they had lost. I decided that there was only one way to keep that pain away from them.

"Promise me that if i ever forget you, you will let me go. Let me live my own life away from all of you guys. I dont want to stick around and remind you-" I said but was cut off by Thomas. He put his hands on my cheeks and shmushed them togther.

(im pretty sure thats not a word but oh well u guys know what i mean)

"I promise."

I sighed and laid back on Thomas. He pulled a blanket over the both of us.

"I love you," I whispered and then tried to give him a
happy smile.

"I love you," he replied and kissed the top of my head.

Eventually, I felt his deep breaths signaling that he had fallen asleep. Slowly, I pulled something out of my pocket.

A picture.

A picture of everyone that I love.Or used to love. I scanned all the faces once more, hoping that it would trigger something. Once again, Thomas' face was the only one I recognized.

Guessing from the clothing that everyone was wearing in the picture, it was our college graduation. We all had big smiles on our faces and we all looked like very close friends. I felt a few tears slide down my cheeks and wiped them away.

I kept this picture in my pocket at all times to remind me of all the amazing people I had forgotten. I didnt want to forget.

I slipped the picture back into my pocket and snuggled closer to Thomas.

I definitely didnt want to forget this.

flashback over

"Lexi?? Alex!! Alex!!"

"Papa? Papa!"

Voices pulled me out of the memory and I felt someone shaking me. I slowly looked up from my hands and found myself face to face with Thomas, who was kneeling in front of me. Pip was standing next to him. They both looked worried.

"Love, what happened?" Thomas asked. I choked back a sob and threw my arms around him. Then I pulled our son into the hug too.

"You kept your promise," I said when I finally pulled away.

"What do you mean?" Thomas asked and gave me a confused look as he wiped away the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Y-You let me go." I saw him gasp and his eyes lit up with understanding. He pulled me and Pip back into a hug.

"You remember"

_______________________________

aaannnnnddd the end!

*sigh*

That was emotionally draining. Im really happy with this ending!!!

I hope you guys like this!! Have an AMAZING DAY!!

~

btw i changed the title to Remember....