What If #17

What if Orca became queen?

It was known that the former queen Coral was capable. By the time she had been a adult, for only three years,she had challenged her mother,the one who had defeated three of her children in combat,for the throne. Within the day, Coral had become queen.
But her first child,Orca,had killed Coral with a rumoured spell on her narwhal horn,and had become queen even easier than Queen Coral.
***
Twenty years later,the Seawings were still caught up in another war with the Mudwings. The only reason Orca gave for the war was a thin-skinned excuse about a Mudwing patrol attacking a Seawing merchant. The incident was actually from a event more than four centuries ago,but the records were not allowed to the populace.
The progress of the Seawing armies was reduced to,at most,a quarter of a day's flight every three days.
The Mudwings would hide in the mazes of swamps and patches of tall trees guarding the Diamond Spray Delta,and wait for the Seawing forces to charge past,and then strike out.
The trees would suddenly become alive with Mudwing fire raining down on the Seawings,rendering faces unrecognizable and featureless,slowly turning black as scales melted.
Seven platoons had gone that way,under fire from the Mudwing counter attackers,and that was only in Saipan's army. One whole half of the 23rd Seawing   Assault Group,gone to the swamps.
Saipan looked over the targeting clip of his harpoon tube,a bulky fire-support weapon.
It could penetrate a dragon's scales with a loud thup at close range,and had a single talon-scratch on its smooth wooden barrel. One Mudwing,killed at a distance of twenty dragon-lengths away,had turned this supposed short range weapon into a thing that could kill a dragon at a distance.
It was overlooked that day,and now he was going to assault like the other platoons,go right into that jungle halfway down the hill they were situated on.
The group was to reach a rendezvous  with another unit carrying basic explosives, such as caskets of gunpowder with timed matches and attack equipment. They were to attack a known Mudwing fortification.
Everydragon prepared to fly at the captain's command,and once he gave the call,flew in pairs above the alternating bits of swamp and tree cover.
A few plumes of fire came out of a position below,but missed their mark. Another dragon hit the position with his lance,lowering and throwing it with well-practiced accuracy.
The other unit appeared on the horizon,a long blue streak of death.
Once they were within range,a few friendly calls came from both sides.
The commander of the bombing unit, a dragon by the name of Black Sea,gave the call to order and outlined the planned attack formation.
The escorts would divide on both sides,forming a line that could easily extend to defend any of the explosives carrying units unable to accurately defend themselves.

The first hour passed quietly,fortunately. The Seawing units looked up at the clouds nervously,as if expecting a MudWing patrol to burst out and rain fire on them,a possible problem.

A few minutes later,the sound of large,sloppy wingbeats,unlike the uniform movements of the Seawing soldiers, was detected,and a group of five Mudwings emerged,evidently suprised. They opened fire,their fire catching a unfortunate dragon who rushed out to protect another Seawing foolishly.

Saipan charged to the front,scratching the underbelly of a Mudwing,who shrieked and gave a mighty blow to his head. Saipan's head spinned,and he lost control,free falling as he fell unconscious . He fell to the ground,snapping his neck cleanly.

This was requested by @Mystyc_Dragon . I'd like those folks who requested to renew their requests I have not done on this chapter.