she strikes again

"So I heard you're with Nat now," the girl I once met in the cafeteria and recognized from my math class – I recently found out her name is Quinn – says to me, having probably unintentionally snuck up on me, unless it was a tactic to make sure I wouldn't run away from her due to her shady comments the last time I saw her. Apparently she has a habit of catching me while I'm clearing off my lunch tray, which is when I'm more alone than I am most of the time.

"You heard correct." I don't reveal my opinion on this -- although it's pretty obvious how I feel about Nat if I'm dating him -- as Quinn has been wary of Nat since my pre-amnesia days.

At least she's trying to be halfway supportive, even if she goes and slanders Nat in the next clause. "You two seem happy, but honestly, Link, I'm kind of worried for you."

My grip tightens on my lunch tray. "And why is that?" I ask through gritted teeth.

There have been no instances during our friendship or our relationship where I have sensed that I was in danger or that I should even be cautious. Nat is respectful, and I trust him fully, regardless of if he trusts me in return.

"You just don't seem very...compatible." She selects her words carefully so as to not offend me. It's too late for that, though. Shouldn't she know that people don't take lightly to other people insulting their significant other?

Just as Nat does, I play dumb (the fact that I'm copying him is also a sign that we work, contrary to what Quinn believes). "I'm not following," I say as I stack my plate on top of the pile.

"Well I'm just going to come out and say it: I think he's just using you for his own personal healing. We all think so." She wrings her hands with that "I hate to say it" expression on her face, as if she's giving me bad news instead of the lies she's actually giving me. This only serves to infuriate me more.

I slam my tray on the counter and swivel towards her. "Multiple people have told me that, but I refuse to believe it. I know more about my own love life than the rest of you do, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped harassing me with this bullshit." I depart from the tray station, fuming and leaving Quinn in shock.  

~~~~~

A/N: some of y'all may hate quinn but honestly she's just mildly annoying to me

~Duckota