~ Chapter 3 ~

Bilbo and Eleanor Baggins were seated in the garden enjoying the warm summer air; both silent not taking notice of the world around them. That was until a tall man cloaked in grey robes with a pointed hat and a large walking stick stopped outside of their gate.

Eleanor tiles her head, she knew the man in front of them. His name was on the tip of her tongue, as she looked him over.

Gandalf looks to the young shifter with a twinkle in his eyes, he knew this journey he had planned would be good for both Baggins. However he knew it would benefit Eleanor more, as it was in her nature to be out in the wild.

"Good morning" Bilbo says to the man politely, hoping he would move away, so that he and his sister could go back to enjoying the peace and quite.

Eleanor saw a hint of mischief light up in the man eyes "What do you mean?" He spoke up "Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or perhaps that you feel good on this particular morning, or do you simply mean that it is a morning to be good on?" Eleanor raised an eyebrow at the funny man in front of her.

Bilbo on the other look rather shocked and confused at the reply he received "All of them at once. . . I suppose" He stuttered making his sister snort in amusement.

She turns her attention to the man "Can we help you with something?" She asked, gaining the attention of the man; Gandalf smile softly to the young shifter.

"That remains to be seen" Was his reply, Eleanor and Bilbo both shared a look. Both eyes widen at his next words "I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure."

Eleanor's mind raced and her excitement grew, ever since their parents died Eleanor had wanted to leave and travel middle earth. However that meant leaving Bilbo behind; when they were young the pair had planned to go see the elves and dwarves and maybe even try to find some shifters.

But that all changed. . . Bilbo lost his spark.

"An adventure" Eleanor spoke up, looking over at her brother. The hobbit lad expression was hard to read, even for her at that very moment.

"No, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things" Bilbo says, making his sister sigh in disappointment; where he goes she goes "Make you late for dinner" He laughs a little.

Bilbo sensing the tension stands up and checking the mailbox, before turning his back on the man "Good morning" He once again says.

Eleanor looks at her brother in amusement, it has been so long since she has seen her brother all worked up. And it was all over a man asking them to go on a adventure.

"To think that I should have lived to be good morning'd by Belladonna Took's son and daughter, as if I were selling buttons at the door." The man rumbled, causing both Bilbo and Eleanor to freeze; this man knew their mother.

"I beg your pardon?" Bilbo stuttered, Eleanor moved over to her brother and stroked his arm in comfort.

"You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins." The man says before looking at the young shifter "And I doubt your no better Eleanor"

"Excuse me" Eleanor snapped at the man.

Bilbo tried his best to keep hold of his sister "I'm sorry, do we know you?"

Gandalf sighed in frustration. . . How was it that the pair forgot the man who helped their mother journey to get the information she need on shifters for Eleanor "Well, you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf! And Gandalf means. . . Me." He bows a little.

Eleanor's anger vanished at the sound of his name, she remembered him and sent him a excited smile his way; which he returned. Eleanor saw her brother thinking it over in confusion, until his eyes lit up in realization.

"Gandalf. . . Not Gandalf, the wandering Wizard, who made such excellent fireworks! Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve" Eleanor shook her head at Bilbo. . . How was it he couldn't remember the wizard? "Hmm, I had no idea you were still in business."

"Bilbo Baggins!" Eleanor shouts at her brother.

"It's fine dear" Gandalf reassured her "And where else should I be?" He asked tiling his head a little.

"Umm" Was all he could say.

"Well, I'm pleased to find your remember something about me, even if it's only my fireworks" Gandalf said a little disappointed, he sighed and looks both Baggins over "That's decided, then. It will be very good for you both, and most amusing for me. I shall inform the others."

"Others?" Eleanor questioned, but it wasn't answered.

"Inform the who?" Bilbo stuttered out looking to his sister "What? No. No. No! Wait. We do not want any adventures here, thank you. Not today, not-. I suggest you try over the Hill or across the Water" He says rushing to the door "Good morning." With that Bilbo shut the door and locked it.

All he wanted was for the wizard to go away. What he didn't realize was that he had left his sister with the grey wizard.

Eleanor heard the door lock and shook her head. . . Oh Bilbo "Eleanor my dear" The shifter turns her head to the wizard "When the company arrives make sure you stay in one of your forms"

She tiles her head "Why?"

"I doubt the company would want a women with them" He explained to her.

"What happens if we are in danger and I need to change to protect my brother?" Eleanor asked curiously, she wouldn't leave her brother unprotected cause the company did not want a women to join them.

"Then your secret is out" He says with a spark in his eyes "By then I hope we will be too far for you to turn back" The wizard walks up to the door and marks it with a weird rune "Goodbye Eleanor"

The young shifter watched as the figure of the wizard got smaller and smaller. Her thoughts clouded by the chance of her and Bilbo to go on a adventure. Eleanor, knew she had to do what the wizard had told her, but any sign of danger toward her brother, she did not care what the company would think of her as long as her brother was safe.

As from the moment they leave that door she will become Bilbo's protector.