~ Chapter 12 ~

Birds began to tunefully sing to one another as the sun slowly began to raise, the sky was filled with a few dark clouds that where gathering together. Balin knew that rain would be expected through out the day, the old dwarf had tiredly stayed on watched for the rest of the night, he knew he should had woken someone up to take over but Balin wanted to keep an eyes on his brother and the hobbit's strange cat. He knew something was not adding up with the creature but Balin just couldn't put his finger on it, through out his years on middle earth he has never encountered something so . . . Balin could not find any words to describe what he was looking at, all that came to mind was that he hopes to learn the truth soon and whether or not the truth turns out to be dangerous to him and the company, his brother especially.

Balin was pulled from being trapped in his own mind by the sound of the company waking up, he turned his gaze away from his brother and the cat. One by one the dwarves woke up, all but Dwalin who had Eleanor wrapped up tightly in his arms, the sound of laughter caught Eleanor's attention slowly waking her up from one of the best night sleeps she has ever had in a while, Eleanor peeled her eyes open to see the company starting at her, she blinked and looked on in confusion at the sight of the company staring at her. It was the two young princes that had woke her up, the pair where bent over laughing at the sight of the mighty warrior snuggling up to a cat. It was then she felt the breath on the back of her neck, Eleanor let out a squeak and turned her head to see her mate, her breath caught in her throat. She turns back to the company to see most of the company laughing at her reaction.

Both Gandalf and Bilbo looked amused at Eleanor although Bilbo was worried about his sister but he didn't want to grab her as Dwalin was still sleeping and he have to admit the big dwarf was kind of scary. Thorin narrowed his eyes at the sight in front of him, whilst Balin raised an brow trying to gather information from her reaction, he was surprise to see Eleanor give an human reaction, he almost expected her to claw her way out of his brothers grip. That thought was paused in his mind as the cat began or more like struggled to remove herself from her mate.

Dwalin heard his company laugh but kept his eyes closed, it wasn't until he felt something struggling within grasps did his eyes fly open. He looked down to see the cat trying to escape his arms, letting out a growl "Stop that before you hurt yourself" he grumbled out, but Eleanor didn't stop and struggled more at the sound of her mates voice, this was so embarrassing she thought to herself, what would happen when her mate finally found out the truth.

A meow slipped from Eleanor mouth, causing her brother to rush forward thinking she was hurt "El" he called out but his sister wasn't paying attention. Dwalin growled out, he had enough of the cat trying to escape his grasp and knew that she wouldn't calm until she was free, he slowly sat up with El in his arms and gently placed her on the ground "that's better isn't it" he said looking down at the tabby cat with a smile, he could not understand why he was smiling or why he had gently placed the creature on the ground.

Eleanor stared at her mate, she let out a whine before taking off into the woods next to the camp "ELEANOR" she heard her brother call out but she didn't listen to him, she was too embarrassed, she changed back and leaned against the tree breathing heavily. She loved waking up in her mates grasp even if she was in animal form it was comforting for her and Eleanor could tell the pull was effecting him as well. She still didn't know how they ended up in that position all she remembers from last night was moving to be closer to him and somehow ended up in his arms "What just happened?" She whispered to herself, her heart beats rapidly as the sound of a branch breaking behind her.

Letting out a breath and slowly turned around "I was just wondering the same thing lass" There stood in front of the shifter was Balin and he was finally going to get his answers.

A/N: Hey guys I know its been awhile I hope you are all doing ok and that you are still interested in my story, I can't wait to read your comments on this chapter, I have not wrote in a while so it might suck a bit but let me know what you think and I hope to get the next chapter out soon

Angel Wings