~ Chapter 14 ~

The company have been riding for hours now and Eleanor was getting rather irritated with the dwarves, through out the ride the company have been telling stories and complaining about when Thorin was going to give out the order stop. Though she couldn't complain too much as she was still riding with her mate.

Eleanor looks to the sky to see dark clouds forming together and gave a little sniff, she groans softly to herself "Great" she mutters as she smelt the hint of salt water meaning they were in for some rain; not even seconds later Eleanor felt a drop on her forehead, letting out a small hiss Eleanor tried to bury herself into Dwalin hoping to shelter from the down pour but was having no luck. It was times like these Eleanor wished she could change into her wolf form due to her fur being thick to keep her warm, not only that she loved to jump in muddy puddles.

It only took seconds for the rain to get heavier, Eleanor whimpers as the rain began to soak her, she managed to shoot a glare in Gandalf direction; who raised his hand in surrender and a 'sorry dear, you'll have to get use to it look'. Now she had to endure complaining wet grumpy dwarves; great she was now both soaking wet and irritated. Eleanor began to wonder why she even agreed to come on this journey apart from protecting her brother and meeting her mate, she just couldn't think of anymore positives in this journey. She could be at home snuggling under a blanket or out running or flying in one of her forms, enjoying the breeze brushing against her fur and wings. Eleanor let out a sigh, she couldn't wait for the company to find out it was getting annoying been stuck as a cat, it may be her first form but it wasn't fun being forced to stay this way.

Eleanor gave an involuntary shiver, this earned her a look from her mate. El looks up at him, Dwalin eyes showed concern for her. Eleanor's heart raced in her chest at the emotion within his eyes, at least she knew that her mate cared about her wellbeing "Poor thing your soaked" He grumbles, he turns slightly reaches into his bag and pulls out a blanket. Dwalin smiles down at the cat and wraps her up in the blanket, pulling her closer to him.

Eleanor could not believe what had just happened but she was beaming inside at how considerate her mate was, she really could not wait for him to find out the truth. Balin, Gandalf and Bilbo watched the pair with a fond smile playing on their faces. They could see that the mating pull was working and were all looking forward for their relationship to develop; no matter how much it pains Bilbo his sister was growing up and he knew that one day that Eleanor would leave the Shire. He however was not expecting to go on a quest together.

Eleanor snuggles into the blanket, purring at the smell of her mate hit her; her heart filled with love for her mate "Thank you" Eleanor whispers, she was so focused on her thoughts and Dwalin's scent that she had't realised she had spoken. Dwalin smiles at the creature in his arms, the dwarf was confused, he wasn't one to show his emotions but there was something about this cat, he just couldn't put his finger one it. However, he tenses as he could of sworn he heard the cat says thank you, blinking he looks down at the cat. Eleanor felt her mate tense and looks at him wide eyed as she realised what she had done.

Her mate looks upon her in shock and disbelief "Di-d"He stuttered out, clearing his throat he spoke again "Did you just talk?" Dwalin couldn't get a hold of emotions at this moment. He was clearly going mad, cats do not talk but something was nagging him at the back of him mind telling him he wasn't crazy. Eleanor shots him a look, before sending him a subtle wink "I am going mad" Dwalin utters out making Eleanor snicker. Dwalin stares at the cat in his arms and couldn't believe what has been revealed; at this moment in time, he wasn't sure if the event even happened.

The pairs moment of gazing at one other was interrupted "Mr. Gandalf, can't you do anything about this deluge?" Dori asked the grey wizard, the whole company where grumpy and wet, they wanted nothing more to find shelter.

"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard" Gandalf informs the dwarf.

"Are there any?" Bilbo pipes up wanting to get his mind off the rain and seeing his sister embraced in the arms of her mate. Bilbo is happy for his sister but would rather not watch the loving gaze, it's an over protective brother thing he tells himself.

"What?" Gandalf asked clearly lost in thought.

"Other Wizards" Bilbo asks interested in hearing Gandalf answer, Eleanor moves her body around trying to get sneak a peak at her brother and Gandalf, she was also interested in hearing Gandalf speak.

Gandalf takes a moment to think "There are five of us" Gandalf says in a dazes "Saruman, the white. Then there are two blue wizards" He pauses for a moment "You know, I've quite forgotten there names" He shamefully admits, looking down.

Sensing the tension in Gandalf, Bilbo spoke up "And whose the fifth?" Eleanor smiles at hearing her brother step in to remove the tension in the air at the forgotten wizards.

"Oh that would be Radagast the brown" Gandalf answered the young hobbit, Gandalf sigh softly at the thought of his friend, he was such a gently soul. He had a love for the forest and animals, he was sure that Radagast would be interested in meeting with the young shifter.

Bilbo fills the silence asking Gandalf another question "Is he a great wizard then?" Bilbo paused before continuing "Or is he like you?" Eleanor snorted into Dwalin at his question, Dwalin looks down at the cat with a questionable look, in return Eleanor stares back at him. She rolls her eyes before looking away, only her brother could stamp on a wizards pride and not notice.

"I think he's a great wizard" Gandalf admitted, a bit shocked at Bilbo bold comment "He prefers to be around nature, such a gently soul. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the east, and good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in the world" Gandalf trailed off going into his own little world.

With that said the company fell silence, with passing comments every now and then about the weather, food, shelter and more stories. It was amazing the amount of stories the dwarves had to tell. Hours later the rain had cleared away, Thorin had found a place to spend the night; it was a ruined farm house. Something did not sit well with Eleanor as Dwalin climb off the horse and placed her on the ground, the place smelt of death and something else, She just couldn't figure what it was. But if there was one thing Eleanor knew, it was to always trust her instincts.

And right now hers were telling her something bad was going to happen, making the young shifter shiver on the spot in fright; she was afraid of what was to come next.

Will she have the courage to face the threat in order to protect her brother, mate and the company.

A/N: Wow another chapter out not long after my last one, something must be wrong with me. . . It's called boredom. Thank you for your comments on my last chapter, it's lovely to know people are still reading my story with me not having much time to update.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter, let me know what you think

Angel Wings