~ Chapter 7 ~

The dwarves along with the wizard, hobbit and shifter settled in the dining room, the young king dug into a bowl of soup and bread that he was given from Bilbo.

The whole room filled with silence, making Eleanor nervous. She rubs up against her brother before going into the corner to sit down, she eyed up each dwarves. As her eyes landed on Dwalin her heart skipped a beat; looking at him she knew he would make a fine mate indeed.

"What news from the meeting in Ered Luin?" Balin asks his king hopeful "Did they come?" Thorin pauses as moment looking around the room, he sighs at their hopeful looks.

"Aye" He simply says, taking a bite out of his homemade bread "Envoys from all seven kingdoms" The company muttered in excitement at the news.

"And what did the Dwarves of the Iron Hills say?" Dwalin asked "Is Dain with us?"

Thorin gave out a heavy sigh, still a little disappointed with his cousin. He knew this was his burden to bare but still he at least hoped to have his cousins assistance "They will not come" Thorin mumbled out. The company faces fell at his words and began whispering too each other "They say this quest is ours and ours alone"

Eleanor looks on at the company, she felt their pain and sadness at the news that Thorin had just told them. However, it got her more excited in what was going on, to gather a meeting with other dwarves lords meant it was something big.

She watches as Bilbo comes up behind Thorin "You're going on a quest?" Bilbo asked, Eleanor looks at her brother and could see the wonder in his eyes, but also hesitation. She knew from that moment that Bilbo will be leaving the shire with Gandalf and the dwarves; if he was going so was she.

Eleanor was going to be his protector out in the wild, in truth she might not had a lot of fights with Orc's and Warg's but how hard could it be.

All she had to do was give into her animal.

"Bilbo, my dear fellow, let us have a little more light." Gandalf said. Bilbo goes to bring a candle as Gandalf spread a piece of paper out on the table, it was a map. "Far to the East, over ranges and rivers, beyond woodlands and wastelands, lies a single solitary peak" Bilbo leans over the table with the candle in his hand.

"The Lonely Mountain." Bilbo read. Eleanor shot up, her eyes were widen in surprise, how could she of been so stupid. . . Of course the mountain was their quest. The biggest clue she had for answers was the dwarf king himself.

"Aye, Oin has read the portents, and the portents say it's time" Gloin spoke up.

Oin leaned forward and spoke "Ravens have been seen flying back to the mountain as it was foretold; when the birds of yore return to Erebor, the reign of the beast will end."

Thorin could help but smirk a little as Bilbo's eye widen "What beast?" He questioned or more like stuttered out. There was no way this hobbit was coming on my journey if the mention of a dragon scares him.

"Well, that would be a reference to Smaug the terrible. Chiefest and greatest calamity of our age" Bofur explained but he didn't stop there "Air-borne fire breather. Teeth like razors, claws like meathooks. Extremely fond of precious metal. . ." He trails off.