ELEVEN

3 weeks later ...
I stride down the corridors of Thanos' ship with my head held high. As I pass, the Chitauri guards all stop what they are doing and bow their heads slightly. My body feels strong, so powerful like I can take on the world and win. I will soon be able to collect the Infinity Stones and help Thanos take over the world. I will rule by his side, and if he double-crosses me, then I will destroy him. However, at the moment, he has been treating me like royalty. Everyone does as I say, or they have to face the wrath of the Mad Titan himself – even Nebula takes orders from me.

"Hex!" A deep voice calls from behind me, using my new name given to me by Thanos.
I spin on my heels to face Nebula.
"Thanos has requested to see you." She mutters.
I flick my hand to dismiss her as I start walking towards my room. I press a button on my wall to bring up a screen. Thanos appears on the screen, and I smile, bowing slightly.

"Hex! I have some good news." His voice booms around the room. "I have recruited some allies for your team. They will arrive on the ship soon. They will provide you with armies and skills that you do not yet possess. You will meet them and then report back to me when they arrive. It is nearly time for you to embark on your mission and bring chaos to the universe."
With a curt nod, I swipe the panel, and Thanos disappears.

Recently it has been nonstop with trying to recruit people, and Thanos is desperate for me to start my mission and retrieve the stones for him. He has had me training with Nebula to hone my skills. Not that I need the training – I have beaten Nebula in every sparing session.

Stepping towards my mirror, I brush out my messy hair so my hair looks more presentable and then I proceed to get dressed. I pull on the black suit and my black boots before quickly leaving the room. Nebula is stood leaning against the wall, and I narrow my eyes when I realise that she was listening in.
"Are the walls thin enough for you?" I snarl.
Nebula scoffs. "Thanos really thinks that you are the 'chosen one'. That you can retrieve the stones. But I don't. You are too weak. You have flaws." She pushes herself off the wall. "He'll soon toss you aside with the other failures."
Anger flows through me, and I feel my power surging out of my hands. The shadows coil around Nebula's neck and lift her into the air.
"Talk to me like that again, and I will squeeze every ounce of air out of your lungs." I squeeze a little tighter. "Understand?"
Her eyes bulge as she gasps for air, and I take that as a yes. I drop my powers, and she falls to the floor with a bang.
"Do not mess with me, Nebula. You will not like the consequences." I smirk.
She frowns, glaring at me as she struggles to her feet.
"I came to tell you that someone is here to see you. A gift from Thanos."

Taking a deep breath, I follow Nebula into a larger room. Two chairs are positioned facing each other, and one of them is occupied by a man with long, shaggy, brown hair and a menacing metal arm.
"Hex, meet James Buchanan Barnes." Nebula steps forward, so she is stood behind the chair. "Otherwise known as the Winter Soldier."