FOURTEEN

I watch with a smug grin as Nebula escorts Bucky to his room. Her dark eyes are filled with anger, and her broken arm is now in a sling. Before leaving with Bucky, she informed me that there are more guests to see me: Malekith, Laufey, and Ronan. Three important allies with strong armies at their disposal to aid Thanos in his conquest. According to The Other, the Avengers believe that they and their armies are dead, something I can play to my advantage.

"Hex, your guests have arrived." The Other announces as he steps into the room.
"Bring them to me." I command.
The Other nods and walks out of the room, leaving me alone once again. I glance down at my arms, smiling slightly as the black smoke like substance swirls in my veins. The door opens, and I quickly stand up. The Other escorts my new allies in.

Laufey, the King of the Frost Giants, ambles in first, and the room temperature drops. His blood-red eyes scan the room, and when they land on me, I feel insignificant. He is a towering giant, double the size of anyone else in the room. His blue skin radiates cold, and I can tell how ruthless this king is.

Next is Malekith, the leader of the Dark Elves. The right side of his pale face is scarred with burns, and his icy blue eyes stare at me. Malekith is followed by Ronan the Accuser. Thanos has already told me about Ronan and his failures. Only his army is of use to me, and Thanos has given me permission to kill him if he disobeys me.

In the presence of Laufey and Malekith, I cannot help but feel belittled. But then I remember that Thanos chose me, not a Frost Giant or a Dark Elf, but me; a human with the power of an Infinity Stone.

"Hex." Ronan growls. "This quest is impossible. Thanos will throw you aside like he did to me when you inevitably fail. I did everything in my power to get hold of the Orb. Yet you are tasked with collecting all six stones. It is like Thanos has set you up to fail."
I smirk. "Yet you still failed to obtain the orb, and now it is heavily guarded on Xandar." I hiss. "And I am collecting five stones. Thanos already has the Mind Stone in his possession. I shall not fail. I have armies at my disposal, and I know the Avenger's weaknesses. And I have the power of an Infinity Stone."
Malekith looks interested, and a slight grin plays on his face. "What makes you think that you can lead an army?"
"This." I smirk, holding my hands to my sides, my palms facing up.

Shadows shoot out of my hands and surround the room. Spirits rise from the floor, all of them ready for my command. I glance around the room with pride. This is the first time I have managed to summon so many spirits at once. As I inspect each moaning, flickering spirit, I can tell what time period they are from.
This wicked display of power shuts Ronan up, leaving Laufey and Malekith looking impressed.
"When do we start?" Laufey questions.
I release the spirits, and they sink back into the floor.
"I need to collect some more allies, and then we can start planning. I need you to gather your armies and report back to me." I narrow my eyes. "Do not let anything slip. If even one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s agents get a whiff of you, then it is all over. I need you on hand as soon as possible and to be ready for when I call upon you."
"What about that Asgardian? The Gatekeeper?" Laufey snarls.
"You once got into Asgard unnoticed. Thanos is powerful enough to shield you and your armies from his eyes." I place my hands on my hips. "Fail me, and you will die the most painful death you could ever imagine."
"You dare threaten me, mortal?" Ronan shouts. "Have you ever seen an Infinity Stone? Have you felt its power coursing through your veins?"
I feel my powers growing restless as my anger bubbles dangerously.
"Did you not hear me, boy? I have an Infinity Stone inside of me! I feel that power every minute of every day. How about I show you?" I grin. "Thanos has told me about what you were like. How you betrayed him to claim the Orb for yourself. You are lucky that he hasn't killed you yet."

This shuts Ronan up. I can already tell that he is going to be a problem. As soon as I have his army, I shall kill him; something I am looking forward to.
"Anyway, we have no time to spare. Go and get your armies ready!"

With one last grin, I show the trio out of the room, allowing me to breathe a sigh of relief. I guess everything will be left for me to sort out in the end.