Chapter five

Marks POV

Ethan and Tyler come to my house after school, and I'm extremely happy that we made those plans beforehand because Ethan is too nice to back out last minute.

We sit in our downstairs living room, taking turns playing The Binding Of Isaac. After I die--quite unfairly--I pass the controller to Tyler.

I get up off the floor and walk over to where Ethan is sitting on the couch. I sit beside him casually, trying not to make it seem like I'm here for a reason.

"Nothing happened, Mark," Ethan insists, obviously sensing my plan of action.

"I didn't say anything," I reply innocently.

"You we're going to."

I sigh, nodding. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I'm just worried, okay?"

"I hate it when you say that?"

"Why?"

"Because it makes me feel guilty because you're such a good friend."

I smile, ruffling Ethan's light blue hair. It's lightly faded, so for his sake, I use it to change the subject.

"Are you planning on dying it again, or letting it grow out?" I ask. Ethan sighs with relief, probably because I've freed him from any friend responsibilities when it comes to secrets.

"Yeah, definitely. I like the way it looks."

"It suits you."

Ethan smiles back at me, meeting my eyes for the first time since Tyler found him at school.

"I clicked left trigger! It says I'm dead, I'm not dead, i clicked the button!" Tyler shouts from the floor. I laugh, walking over and sitting beside him again. To my relief and surprise, Ethan follows me, snatching the controller out of Tyler's hand.

"No, you're dead because you suck. My turn."

Me and Tyler exchange a look, a smile, then go back to watching the game.

After about twenty minutes of passing around the controller, I got an Instagram message on my phone.

Jack:
Hiya :)

I grinned at the message, quickly typing a reply.

Mark:
Hey, I thought you were taking care of Felix?

Jack:
I was, but I went home.

Mark:
Can I ask why?

Jack:
We had a little fight.

Mark:
Oh. Are you okay?

Jack:
Yeppers. I'm just bored right now. I'm excited to help out with the set tomorrow!

Mark:
Me too. Hopefully they'll need more muscle than artistic skills.

Jack:
Doing the mans work, eh?

I laugh down at my phone, catching Tyler and Ethan's attention.

"Who you smiling at, Marki?" Tyler asks teasingly.

"No one," I reply vaguely, getting ready to type back a reply when Tyler snatches the phone out of my hand.

"Oh! It's Jack! Marks future boyfriend!" Tyler exclaims, standing and typing something into my phone.

"Tyler, what are you doing?" I ask nervously, following him. He starts to run around the living room, forcing me to chase him.

"Oh Jack," he says slowly as he types. "Your hair is so pretty, and your eyes make my heart melt and I love your butt."

"Tyler, do not send that!" I shout at him, finally tackling him to the ground.

"Who knows, he could love your butt too!" Tyler yells back, clicking send.

"TYLER!!" I screech, snatching my phone out of his hand and watching in horror as it message goes from delivered to read. I feel my face turn red as those dreaded three bubbles of typing pops up.

Jack:
What the hell was that? XD

Mark:
That was my asshole friend, Tyler. Don't worry, we're putting him down tonight.

Jack:
It's okay, you have a good butt too ;)

Mark:
Okay, that's enough of this conversation.

Jack:
Why? You don't think you have a good butt? Do you have low self ass-steem?

Mark:
Did you really just

Jack:
Yep. ;)