Chapter 5

Midoriya woke up alone. Todoroki's sleeping-bag was already rolled up in the corner of the tent.

Midoriya got up and looked outside the tent. Nobody seemed to be there either.

"Todoroki...?"

He tried to call his friend another time, but louder.

"Todoroki? You're up already?" Shouted Midoriya, only his head out of the tent.

Midoriya could see the sun rising in between the trees. It was pretty humid outside, but no sign of potential rain coming from the sky.

"I'll change clothes then...He probably went to go walk or something." He thought to himself.

Midoriya went back inside, and took his backpack on the way. He then started to change his clothes quickly, before exiting the tent. It was already getting clearer outside.

"I'm so hungry....But I should keep the snacks for when we will really need it..." Said Midoriya looking at his backpack in a sigh.

He then went to sit on one of the beech, waiting for his friend to come back.
Half an hour passed before Midoriya could finally see Todoroki from the distance.

"Hey Todoroki! Where were you??" Shouted Midoriya loud enough for Todoroki to hear him.

"Got us some food. I thought that you would probably be hungry as I am" Said Todoroki showing a huge amount of small strawberries and red berries in his waterbottle. Todoroki had the smart idea to use his bottle as container for the small fruits.

"Woahh that is so nice of you Todoroki! Where did you get thoses?" Said Midoriya happy to see that they had a breakfast.

"There was a couple of wild strawberries growing on the ground but I don't think it's the season so there wasn't a lot of them....I also found this ones." Said Todoroki showing some of the red berries.

"Oh this is nice! I didn't knew you knew about which berries are dangerous or not! What are theses? Dogwood?" ( A type of non-poisoning berries)

"Um...What"? Said Todoroki looking at Midoriya, unsure of what he meant.

"Todoroki. You know thoses could be poisonous. Right?" Said Midoriya with his eyes wide open.

"I...Um...I...What do you mean by poisonous?" Said Todoroki looking at the berries.

"TODOROKI. DID YOU ATE ONE OF THESE BERRIES????" Said Midoriya, panicked.

"No. No I didn't, I swear." Said Todoroki trying to reassure Izuku.

"I'm serious here Todoroki. If you ate some, you need to tell me."

"I didn't, I promise."

"Okay...Sorry, I was anxious for a second..."

"It's okay."

"Well, let's get rid of those berries and we should go wash the strawberries before eating them." Said Midoriya taking the red berries from Todoroki's hand and throwing them on the ground.

"Oh okay...I saw a source or water near by, we could go there?"

"Good idea, let's go. I'm really hungry" Said Midoriya in a giggle

"Me too..." Said Todoroki, smiling.

The two boys were now heading to the small river.