Chapter 8

Midoriya's eyes were closed, punching his palm against his ears, he didn't want to hear anything. Now that they had captured a rabbit, they would have to....
He couldn't even think about it.

"..."

No sounds. What was Todoroki doing? Wasn't he supposed to finish it...?
The thought of it gave Midoriya shivers again. He was about to get his hand off his ears, when he heard the crack.

"Ewwww, no, no, no." Screamed Midoriya, shaking his head. "I heard it!"

"Sorry." Simply said Todoroki. "I made it quick."

Midoriya turned around, Todoroki was now melting the ice, forming a big cloud of steam in the hair. Todoroki gently took the rabbit off the rest of ice and looked at Midoriya. Izuku looked petrified, his eyes fixing the little animal in Shoto's hands.

"Are you okay...?" Asked Todoroki

"..."

Midoriya was still looking at the rabbit, without giving any response to his friend.
Todoroki was confused and looked back at the rabbit.

"Is that because you want to pet it, or...?" Said Shoto.

"N-No, why would I want to pet it!?" Shouted Midoriya, shaking his head to say no.

A small moment of silence passed.

"Should we get back, then...?

"Yeah...we should, the sun could go down soon..." Responded Midoriya looking at the sky

"Okay, let's head to the camp."

Todoroki started walking, and went in front. Midoriya looked a last time at the rabbit, hanging by the ears from Todoroki's hand, before looking away again.