Eight

The next morning, the Dortmund team arrived at the International Airport with their luggage at around 9:45am. They boarded their plane with long, tired faces knowing full well what the future toll, the jetlag would take on them.

"We have a layover right?" Christian leaned across the isle asking Marco.

"Yeah, two actually." He replied. "One in New York, the other in San Francisco."

Christian nodded in response, turned back, and slid his headphones over his ears beginning to settle into his seat.

Eventually, everyone began to pull out their phones like the millennials that they are.

(Groupchat)

  [ Erik Durm just sent a photo ]

Erik: This picture turned out greatt

Auba: Everyone looks so happy!

Christian: We're going to Hawaii! ^

Marco: And I'm still forcing you all to have roommates!

Robert: Yes we know Marco

Maxi: Have you decided who's with who yet?

Marco: Yeah I've done some thinking...

Marc: please let me be with Erik please let me be with Erik....

Roman B.: And please don't put me with Robert

Marco: Ok, so lemme list it off for you guys;

Erik & Marc
Andre & Mario
Me & Robert
Matthias & Julian
Christian & Felix
Maxi & Roman
Auba & Emre
Ous & Marcel

Mario: What about the rest?

Marco: I bought a large suite for the rest of you guys because otherwise I'm taking too many of the singular hotel rooms, so that's where everyone else will stay.

Felix lifted his head above the headrests of his seat and shouted,
"HOW IS THIS FAIR?" To everyone on the plane. He got a few chuckles in response.

Emre: What Felix said

Marco: You can't do anything about it anyways, the hotel is completely taken up

Maxi: Hey I'm good with being stuck with Roman

Roman B. : boi you'd better be ^

Marc: Yes I'm with Erik!

Erik: ^ yay!

Robert: You didn't tell me you were going to take a picture Erik

Erik: You aren't part of the team Robert ^

Roman B.: YOU TELL 'EM ERIK

Christian: Hey, let's be respectful of our elders Roman

Robert: Elders?? Excuse me??

The plane erupted into laughter as soon as everyone read Christian's text.

"I'm trying to get some sleep here!" Matthias yelled through the laughter. "Texting shouldn't be this loud, you guys are sitting next to each other for god's sake!"

"It's 15 hours from here to Hawaii Matthias, you'll have plenty of time to sleep." Marco exclaimed from the front of the plane.

"You can handle some banter Matthias." Said Julian, who was sitting next to him.

"More like barely tolerate it..." he grumbled, sinking into his seat.

"And this is why we need this vacation..." Auba mumbled to himself.

Christian shot out of his seat, looking ready to announce something to the group.

"I dunno about you guys, but I am hungry." He said.

"The plane haven't even taken off yet Chris." Felix laughed.

"I'm hungry too." Erik added. "Anyone bring any snacks?"

"Let's wait until we're in the air please?" Auba sighed, already frustrated that he had to babysit everyone.

------------------------

A/N
I updated fast! Lol thanks for reading. Next chapter is going to be their first impressions of Hawaii.