Nine

Many hours later, the boys landed in New York, transferring to another plane to fly to San Francisco.

Erik was walking next to Marc on their way to their next flight, his eyelids kept dropping closed and fluttering open again. He was barely able to walk straight he was so tired.

"You alright Erik?" Marc asked.

"Yeah...I'm just really tired." Erik mumbled swaying on his feet. His headphones were lopsided on his head and his hair was an absolute mess.

"Here," Marc adjusted his friend's headphones and smiled. "Turn up your music, that'll keep you awake long enough until we get on the plane."

Erik nodded as the two of them caught up with the rest of the team at the terminal gate.

"Too much to drink Erik?" Marco ruffled his hair.

"Just tired..." Erik responded, leaning his head against Marc for support.

Ahead of them, Auba was fighting hard to keep a very drunk Christian from asking the stewardess if there was going to be any alcohol on the next flight.

"Christian," Auba shoved a water bottle into his hand, which he nearly dropped. "Drink up."

"It this another drink?" Christian asked giddily.

"We're in the United States now, you can't drink anymore." Auba replied.

"So it's another drink then?" Christian beamed.

Auba hesitated, then said, "Yes, it's another drink and it's called water."

"That sounds exotic." Christian laughed, taking a big gulp of the water.

Roman and Robert were bickering at front of the gate while Nuri and Shinji were laughing hysterically with Mario and Sven, who were telling some sort of story. Julian and Matthias were simply talking amongst themselves, and so were most of the other boys.

Marc rolled his eyes, observing the everyone else. "This is going to be fun." He said to himself. He glanced at Erik, who was now snoring softly on his shoulder, his phone at the ends of his fingertips. Marc took Erik's phone easily and turned up the volume on his music. Erik jerked his head off of Marc's shoulder, removing his headphones quickly.

"Seriously?" He murmured. "You could've just hit me or something."

"Eh." Marc said. "C'mon, our flight is boarding now."

......................

New York to San Francisco was a grueling and tedious flight for everyone. Only a few were on the group chat, and most of the boys were sleeping.

Erik was leaning against Marc again, in a deep sleep snoring loudly. Marc was still awake. It was mostly because of Erik's snoring. He glanced behind him at Marco.

"Reus, you gotta extra pillow or something?" Marc said.

Marco tossed a small travel pillow up to him. "Thanks." Marc replied. He began to delicately slide the pillow underneath Erik's head, propping the pillow between the seats and the armrest.

He smiled at his work, "I'm a genius." He said to no one in particular.

......................

The plane descended through the early morning clouds of the city of San Francisco, and made a clean landing on the tarmac. Yet again, the boys made their way onto another plane. Christian leaned his seat back as far as it would go, icing his forehead with his eyes closed.

"Auba," he said painfully. "I have the biggest hangover, like ever."

"Makes sense." Auba shrugged sitting behind him.

"You should've stopped me from drinking so much." Christian said.

"Oh I tried." Auba gave him a look. "Believe me."

"How drunk was I?"

"You don't want to know." Auba answered.

.....................

Five hours later, the Borussia Dortmund team landed in Honolulu, Hawaii, the local time 7:16am. They all stepped out into the morning sun, and were greeted by a warm breeze.

Emre spread his arms out horizontally and took a big breath in, "Smell that?" he asked.

"Yeah." Roman replied. "It's Robert's smelly ass."

"Stop being so childish." Robert rolled his eyes.

"Noo, Its the smell of Hawaii!" Emre exclaimed.

"I hate that you're so energetic Emre." Matthias said flatly.

"At least he's honest." Christian shrugged.

"I just want to go to sleep again." Erik groaned.

"Me too, Erik snored the whole plane ride." Marc spoke up.

"I wanna hit the beaches." Felix smiled brightly.

"I agree." Robert said.

"We're all jetlagged, and we have plenty of time here," Auba said. "I say we go to the hotel and tomorrow we can get out."

"Nah, I'm hitting the beaches with Felix." Emre said.

"I could use some sun." Maxi smiled. "What about you Lucasz?"

"I guess." he said.

"So we're splitting up then?" Mario asked.

"Yep." Marco beamed.

"Nothing could possibly go wrong here!" Matthias yelled sarcastically.

"You're so extra." Christian rolled his eyes at Matthias.

........................

A/n

Thanks for reading :) Sorry that there's no group chat in this one, it didn't really go well with what I had planned. I'll update when I can. Thanks.