4

As Adiya made her way down the stairs from an afternoon with Zeus she could hear the faint music of a piano. She looked down the hall next to the staircase and could hear the haunting echo of the piano. She remembered Hera's threat from the other day and thought better of it to go and explore but something about the music was just so passionate and familiar, but there was also a certain somberness to it. She had to know who it was. She had her suspicions as to who it was but it couldn't be. She wasn't here at the moment. She was still back at the park with her cigarettes.

So she dared walk down the hall past many closed doors to an open chamber that seemed like a ball room. The music danced around the white, marble walls and the golden baseboards. It intermingled with the heavenly light shining through the large windows and it ducked and weaved through the elegant curtains that adorned the stained glass. She felt herself being lured out to the center and the music twirled with her and danced. Her bare feet hugging the welcoming but cold, golden white granite floor. She danced around the room the music accompanying her every step of the way.

Suddenly the piano made a strange noise that halted the music. She turned in the direction of the bad note to find Hera sitting from the piano's bench, glaring at her,"What do you think you're doing."

Adiya saw her life flash before her eyes and trembled,"I'm-I'm sorry. I heard the music and I thought it was pretty. I only wanted to take a peek to see who was playing."

"You did more than just take a peek. You tainted the floor with your silly twirls. I thought I told you I didn't want to see you anywhere in my home but the bedroom and the front door!" thunder echoed once more and the golden cheer the ballroom once held turned into a grey tomb.

"I'm-I'm sorry, Lady Hera. I was only curious. I'll get going. I'm sorry for disturbing you,"Adiya quickly made her way out of the temple and out the front door. Hera didn't chase after her. She was tired. She didn't want anymore drama. But she could feel the anger inside boiling.

She had been playing with the piano's keys her mind entranced with the music and the motion of her fingers dancing along the keyboard she never acknowledged Adiya dancing behind her until she looked up at the music sheet and saw her reflection in the golden music rack.

Hera looked around the now sullen chamber and scowled at it. There really wasn't a place where she could relax on Olympus was there? Adiya took care of that question and now the chamber was cold and hostile with her sudden disappearance. What did that bitch have that she didn't? Hera swore that the girl was one song away from finding her happily ever. Adiya just needed to walk into a room and suddenly everyone burst into a gleeful song but when Hera entered it was always quiet or some disagreement would just happen to come up.

Hera let out an inhumane battle cry and slammed her fists back onto keyboard in anger which caused the fall board to, well, fall right onto her unsuspecting hands. She let out a cry as she pulled out her hands from the sandwich and the fall board slammed shut hiding the keyboard.

She held her hands to her bosom cradling them and held back tears. It wasn't fair. While she got hate and resentment Adiya received love and joy in the same palace Hera lived in. Hera couldn't help wonder why Adiya was standing on the ledge ready to end her life when she had it all.

Beauty. Grace. Friends. Love.

She was a little whore that had everything handed to her at request while she was the queen of the gods who had to fetch everything for herself. Why?

She shook herself away from the thought of Little Miss. Perfect and stormed out the of ballroom to her own bed chambers ready to call it a day.

~o0o~