14

The two women never parted from each other. They ate together, danced together, talked together, and walked together. It seemed the only time the two would leave each other alone was at night, when Nyx would drape the world in her cape and Hypnos sprinkled his sand over the gods' eyes. Morpheus could tell you that the two women didn't stop thinking of each other in their sleep, however.

If they seemed like friendly acquaintances before, they were definitely best friends now. They told each other everything. They'd whisper to each other in the corners of rooms and giggle silently at the playful teasings they'd give each other. Hera continued to play piano, but this time she enjoyed watching the mortal girl dance. The days of Olympus were filled with a strange glimmer of joy.

Every two weeks, Hera and Adiya would extend their walks through the garden into Demeter's and would replace the wilting flowers left there with fresh ones. Adiya would always kneel before Hestia's statue, silently praying for forgiveness. Hera would stand behind protectively and look up at her frozen sister silently bidding her thanks. She would then gently lead Adiya away and they'd continue their day.

They would visit Jocosia frequently. When Adiya first met her, years before her and Hera were on good terms, Jocosia was a tall goddess with sun kissed skin, golden eyes, a splendid golden aura, and gorgeous, luscious brown hair that was done up in a neat bun. The last time Adiya saw her, Jocosia was placed on a mandatory bedrest. The goddess had been fading for awhile, but by the start of November she was on a quick decline. Adiya was able to catch sight of the nebulous goddess as she stood in the doorway waiting for Hera. Jocosia was pale, with thin brown hair sprawled about her pillow. Her aura no longer shined. She was thin, bone thin. She had slowly and weakly turned her head and the two caught each other's eye and after seeing the emptiness of Jocosia's eyes Adiya couldn't watch anymore and waited in the living room of the goddess's splendous home for Hera.

Tragedies aside, Adiya was allowed to sit at the table with the Olympians as long as she served Zeus and Hera like she was a servant. Speaking of which, Zeus' callings occurred less and less. The days seemed like they would hold a never ending happiness, and Hera looked forward to the next days.

Was this what it would've been like? If she and Helios had married? Would the days always be like this? She didn't know, and for once, she was okay with not knowing.

One night, however, Hera had woken in a cold sweat. She had dreamt of a tall building. It was a blue, cloudless sky and the building was crumbling to the ground. Hera ran out of what looked like a cafe and ran towards the ruins. She looked through the rubble calling Adiya's name. She kept thinking, It's my fault. This is all my fault. I've lost her.

She eventually found Adiya, but she wasn't breathing. She was gone. Hera let out a cry of pain and that's where she sat upright. She woke with a hand over her stomach and her night gown was drenched in her sweat. She had trouble regulating her breathing and when the adrenaline in her had finally calmed she looked over at Zeus who slept peacefully next to her.

The rays from the moon outside made his curls glow like she was still in a dream. She let out a soft sigh. Silently threw her legs over the bedside and stood. The floor was unforgivingly cold, but she walked barefoot anyway. She tiptoed out of the room and closed the oak door behind her as she stepped into the hallway.

Her back rested against the door and she took another deep breath. Her heart rate sped up again as she watched Adiya's door taunt her from across the hall. She swallowed the lump in her throat and silently walked over to the door. She opened it and poked her head inside.

Adiya's curtains were opened fully, it was a fantastic view of the ocean. The moon shone inside the room giving everything an eerie glow. Adiya slept in her bed. She had a habit of making a little alcove with her pillows and blankets, and that's where Adiya was buried. She reminded Hera of a bunny during winter. Hera stepped closer to her and sat at her bedside looking her over.