Loser

L- loser

"Gary was here, Ash is a loser"

That's how it always was and that was how it will always be. Ash was certain of it. Gary has the fame and respect Ash always dreamed of and all Ash was doing was trying and failing to beat the Indigo league.

There was one thing however that Ash always had against Gary that made Ash ahead, and it was love. True love, not a fling or a one night stand with a model like Gary's life. Actual love that was real and genuine. It was something that Ash was used to and he never really saw it as topping Gary until the day he lost the Indigo league for the fourth time in a row. That time he took second place but as we all know, second place doesn't win.

It was Misty that comforted him that day and it was always Misty that was there for him. Gary never had a person like Misty in his life to help him cope with everything. Just because Gary's life seemed perfect to Ash and the rest of the world, doesn't mean it was. Gary always aspired true love and but he could never find the girl so he busied himself with meaningless girls as he always felt like a failure at love. The truth is that Gary's life was crumbling. His position was stable and he always had money but money doesn't make Gary happy. He was depressed all the time as his life was just work and he got no time to experience adventure and love.

After Ash lost the Indigo league for the fourth time he was thinking of giving up. Misty slapped him and made him swear not to. Ash always felt like a loser as his girlfriend was a successful elite four member and he can't achieve his dream. All his friends were successful as well along with his rival which was only adding fuel to the fire. He did realize something though when Misty told him not to give up. He realized how much he depended on her to help him move forward. Misty was the one that always believed in him. His Pokemon were always optimistic but their hopes kept on decreasing. The rest of his friends were used to him losing by now no matter how much they wanted him to win. Even his mom wanted him to find a stable job.

It was after that fourth loss that Ash started to get his spark back. The spark he hadn't realised died years ago after he lost the Indigo league the first time. It was due to Misty's words and motivation. "I know you can win Ash, I always knew you could but now it's time to start believing in yourself." He picked on Misty, kisses her, and thanked her for her words. It was the first time he realized how much the girl he loved believed in him and if that's not motivation then he doesn't know what is. Ash immediately went off to train after thanking her again. He pushed his Pokemon harder then before and they became so much stronger due to it. Sleepless nights were put into training and eventually it all paid off.

At twenty-two years old, he finally defeated the Indigo league and became a Pokemon league champion. He's currently is the undefeated champion and in a couple of years, he may qualify to be a Pokemon Master. He dedicated his win to his girlfriend Misty whom he loved with all of his heart. However something very special happened. Not only did Ash become a Pokemon league champion but he proposed that day and became a fiancé.

However where was Gary during all of this? Gary was still alone and lonely. He's still trying to find true love like what Ash and Misty have. Now though, he calls himself the loser. The day that Ash won was the day that he realized that he himself was the loser. Even with Ash's losses he still had love. He always had love. Now he has reached success through love. Gary's success was inherited through his late grandfather. Gary did eventually leave the business due to his unhappiness and lack of love which he is currently searching for.

He left because he realized a life without love is nothing and he has failed. He truly is the loser he always called Ash.
                                         nt
"Gary was here, Ash is^ a loser anymore. Gary is just a failure"
______________________________
Different take on the Ash is a loser bit. I like it though.

I hope you liked it. Now I'm off to see Starwars :)