CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

(Justin's Pov)

Gently closing the office door behind me, I made sure not to wake anyone up. If there was anyone awake. I began making my way over to my bedroom, stretching and getting rid of any kinks in my body. Though the dull, slight ache in my back remained.

When I reached my closed door, I was surprised to hear the sound of soft singing. My tongue swiped out, wetting my lips as I silently listened to the familiar voice sing a soft tune.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take, my sunshine, away." Her soft voice sang.

My heart oddly warmed from hearing her sing, just like it had done last time. It was odd. It was just nice to hear such a soothing voice. I didn't blame Drew for wanting to fall asleep after hearing her sing. It was beautiful.

"That was really good, Nanny Ava!" I heard Aria chirp, making my brows furrow.

"It was, Nanny Ava. Pretty cool." Mason's voice followed. Confusion bubbled up inside of me.

What were they doing in there?

My curiosity got the better of me and through the nearly closed door, I managed to take peek inside. On the large bed, Ava sat with Drew resting his head on her lap as she ran a hand through his hair. Mason was laying down beside her, his casted leg laid out in-front of him. And Aria was sitting on top of the cover, by Ava's legs as she gazed up at her, with her legs waving around in the air.

"Thank you." Ava laughed, sending them both a smile. "But what if I change the words, to make it suitable for us? There's no sun out right now," 

"Yeah! Make it Moonlight, Nanny Ava!" Aria suggested, giddy as always.

"You are my moonlight, my only moonlight.
You make me happy when the sun goes away.
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take, my moonlight, away." She giggled when finishing, coming up with the random second line. I smiled lightly to myself.

"That was even better!" Both Mason and Aria said at the same time, soon leading to a childish argument to break it out between them. They hated when that happened. Even if it was rare.

My heart thumped, a wave of longing hitting me. I so badly longed to go and join them, to embrace my children into my arms and listen to Ava sing away. To fall asleep beside them, to wake up beside them.

I so badly wanted that.

Deciding I couldn't bare to see the sight any longer, I turned on my heels, unable to let the frown from dancing its way onto my lips. It was like my stomach was stinging, whilst my heart was aching. I hated that I had such a wall of distance from my children. 

Just as I was about to twist the door open, I found myself stopping when I heard Ava speak.

"So... I was thinking about all six of us to going to an amusement park someday?" She shared with them, earning squeals of agreement and Mason to mutter 'Heck yeah'. 

My brows furrowed in confusion, unsure where she was going with this.

"But, Nanny Ava, why six? There's only four us. Five if Kelly comes." Mason pointed out. Realization finally struck me when I registered why she had said six. Six, meaning I was supposed to be attending. Six, meaning me.

"Kelly will come, I'm sure of it, so that means six." Ava pressed.

"That means five... But who would be number six, Nanny Ava?" Curiously, Aria questioned her.