CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN.

(Ava's Pov)

My hand grazed across my face, making sure to completely get rid of any tears. I straightened out my hair, cleared my throat, trying to look presentable as possible. Though I doubted I did with the way I had balled my eyes out. It wouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

A new found determination was pulsing around my body. Although I still felt deeply hurt at what Justin had said to me, as well as what was going on between us (if there was still an us) I couldn't help but feel the motivation shoot around me.

Jaxon was right. Kelly was right. Even Justin was right. Instead of just giving up on us like I was doing, just because I felt threatened by Gracie's presence, I should have been fighting. Fighting in belief that everything between Justin and I would be utterly fine.

Not just straight away giving up on us...

Clearing my throat once more, my brows furrowed as I hesitantly entered the dinning room. Everybody was still inside there, even Jaxon who had returned back from his comfort trip with me in the backyard. There was a low chatter going on between him and Jazymn, whilst the children silently ate their food. Drew sat on Kelly's lap this time.

My stomach clenched when I realized two people were missing.

"Ava," Jazymn called my name with relief. I flashed a small smile, hoping it would be deemed worthy as a real one.

"I'm so sorry. He was an ass." She bluntly let out, frowning. "But I hopefully talked some sense into him. Let's just hope he understood what I was saying."

"Oh... thanks," I nervously chuckled, her eyes scanning over my face.

"You're welcome," She hesitantly let go my arm that she had cupped and took a step back.

Not willing to let my mind win and jump to conclusions, I focused on the hope I felt with fixing things between us.

"Where... Uh... Where is he?" I softly asked, the hesitance clear in my tone. A small smile pinched onto her cheeks and she gestured over to outside the dinning room.

"The last I saw him, he was in the hallway." She told me, her eyes softening. "I really hope you sort things out."

This time, a genuine smile perked onto my lips. Even though it was small.

"Me too."

With that being said, I quietly excused myself, sending the children a small smile on my way out. I just knew for sure they were completely baffled with what was going on around them. In a way, it wasn't really fair for them.

Did they all know about us?

Or was it just Mason?

The questions swam through my mind, captivating my entire attention. I hadn't realized my feet had passed through the kitchen and led me out to the hallway. I was so lost in my own thoughts, as well the sudden nerves piping up inside my stomach, I didn't realize I walked into something.

Into someone.

My heart dropped as I stopped dread in my tracks. I felt a spark of confusion and fright hit me from the sudden impact of my body colliding with someone. But it relaxed the second I realized it was Justin.

"Justin," I breathlessly called. His broad shoulders told me it was him, as well as the unique tattoo of a pair of wings printed on the back of his neck. His slightly long strands of dark blonde hair was pushed backwards.

He tensed.

Furrowing my brows, I hesitantly took a step closer. "Justin... I need to talk to you."