EPILOGUE: PART ONE

ONE YEAR AND A FEW MONTHS LATER

(Ava's Pov)

I was going to kill someone. Seriously, I was going to kill someone. That someone being Justin Drake Bass. It would be a dark, cold, vicious murder. It would become breaking news, headlines on newspapers, go viral across the internet, reaching all ends of the world. I could just picture it in my head.

Shocking news: woman in labour commits man slaughter, fatally killing her husband.

I smiled to myself, satisfied with the made up title I had come up with. He was going to get it. He was going to get it real bad. I had made up my mind, confirmed to myself, that I would kill him the very second he stepped back inside the hospital room, striding up from the bed I lay on and violently choking him.

Yes... That's how I would kill him and I would enjoy it.

I mean, after all, he deserved it. Who on earth did he think he was that he could effortlessly leave the room while I was being injected with pethidine, in order to sooth the pain I was feeling from the constant contractions taking place? One second, I'm closing my eyes while he holds my hands and whispers reassuring words in my ears. And the next second, I open my eyes and he's gone.

Anger riled up inside of me at the reminder of his sudden disappearance. I was in labour, with a few more contractions to occur before I could squeeze the baby girl, who was killing my insides, out of me. My entire insides felt like they were burning as constant pain attacked me. Targeting the pit of my stomach.

When was this damn injection going to kick in?

Clenching my teeth together, I was struck with another contraction, curling my hands into fists as I mentally cursed Justin's existence. 

It should be his freaking hand I should be squeezing!

And then another contraction hit me, making me lowly moan in pain. 

I swear to God he was going to get it real bad. This was all his fault in the end. He was the one that brought us into the position in the first place. When he publicly asked for me to forgive him at his business party celebrating successful years of success - I was doomed, helplessly giving in and forgiving him. It was what my heart and mind desired for me to do.

From there it progressed. We left the party early and made up for our lost time over two months, needless to say there wasn't much talking that night. The next morning when I woke up in his bed, a dreamy smile playing on my lips - I was hit with sudden fear. Fear that I would end up loosing Justin again.

So that morning when he awoke too, we talked. I told him I wanted to keep things strong between us and for that to happen, we needed to move things steady. After all, it had been nearly three months since we had split. Things couldn't just go back to the way they once were between us. We didn't need to rush things. That would only cause them to break.

He agreed. We were together, but I lived under my apartment's roof and he under his mansion's roof. I was still in college naturally, but I would always spend any free-days, any holidays, mostly every weekend to visit him. And the children, of course. As well as Kelly. We still maintained our bond, it being unbreakable I quickly learnt in just a few days.

Justin and I were moving steady, at an incredible phase in our relationship. The sex was not only great, but so was connection we had with one another. Now that we had one another - we wouldn't let things fall apart.

As a few months passed, both of us grew needy and wanted to be around one another more often - it was a natural reaction. I also missed the kids greatly, because sometimes I barely saw them since Gracie would take them away to Denver, where she had decided to move to instead of Kansas, every weekend and return them on Mondays, when the both of us would have to return to school.