Chapter 2 || Adelaide

Addy was the princess of the family. She and Vicky were best friends, and Teddy played with them all the time. Addy looked exactly like her sister, Ginny, but they were completely different in personality. Addy was more of a girly-girl, a rule-follower, someone who was always in charge (she was one of the oldest of their generation). But Addy always turned to Ginny when she needed help.

When Bill decided to move back to Egypt, Addy and Vicky were heartbroken. Even though they promised to visit every Christmas and summer, the four-year-olds knew that it wouldn't be the same. Even though they wrote and telephoned all the time, their friendship changed. Perhaps it was for the better. They treasured it more- and possibly became closer.

When Teddy left for Hogwarts, Addy was 9. Her youngest niece, Lily, was a year old, and Addy could already feel the tides changing. They would be growing up. Addy was excited for Teddy when she heard that he was a Hufflepuff. That had been his mum's house, and it would be like he was continuing her legacy.

A few years later, it was the summer before Hogwarts, and Addy was spending her days waiting for an owl to come, bearing her ticket to a whole new world. One day, it came. Addy was sitting on her bed in her room (which used to be Ginny's) when she saw an owl flying towards her. She let out a shriek which sent Mum running to her room. "What is it, Addy?" Mum close to yelled, her wand out.

Addy pointed to the owl flying to the window. "My letter's here!" she exclaimed.

Mum slumped against the door. She managed a smile and a "Wonderful, dear."

Addy turned back to the window and took the letter from the owl, which flew away. She ripped open the envelope and read the papers twice. Then she looked up with a grin and exclaimed, "I've got to call Vicky!"

She ran downstairs to the landline (cells wouldn't work in their house) and speed dialed Bill's house. When it was answered, there was only squealing. "You got it too?" Addy asked excitedly.

"Yeah!" Vicky replied.

Addy squealed too. "Let's go shopping together!" Addy said.

"Yeah! I'll ask Mum, but I bet we can. We were going to come up to England soon anyways. See you there!" Vicky said.

"Bye!" Addy yelled.

Since they had moved, Vicky had gotten three letters- Hogwarts, as a British citizen, Beauxbatons, as a French citizen, and Uagadou, as an Egyptian citizen.

Shopping together was fun. They held their school supply lists and went from shop to shop, giggling. They stopped by George's shop, where George and Ron greeted them and gave them a few nifty devices to play pranks with at Hogwarts- when Molly wasn't looking, of course. Finally, the day came. Addy got on the scarlet train with Vicky and Teddy-the scarlet train taking her to a place that she'd been dreaming of forever.