Sin of Envy

Killua POV

I never knew I would have to be the mom friend. It was always Kurapika's job, but it all changed when Gon requested (BEGGED) that we should go to the beach for the weekend.

"Killua, pretty please? We never go together!" Gon whined, tugging my arm as I tried to escape into the kitchen.

"Come on, Gon. What'll we do with the cat?!? Think of the poor thing! You brought this thing in here, it's your job to make sure it lives to see another day!" I sighed as I finished washing the dishes. I was really trying to make excuses. Last time I went to the beach, Illumi stuck pins in everyone's heads to make sure he had some time alone with me to train. Mother simply cried the whole time.

"I'll make sure Kaito is okay." Gon smiled. "We can ask Kurapika!" His face beamed with excitement that not even my snarkiest comment could blot out. "Please, Killu?" He leaned on my shoulder and closed his eyes. "I love you."

Oh COME ON!! He had to bring love into this? I mentally screamed. Every time Gon did "the face", he would get what he wants. "Fine." I sighed. "We leave tomorrow at..." I glanced down at my watch. "Noon." Though this completely was against my better judgement, it made Gon smile.

"Oh, Killua!!!" Gon jumped into a hug and pecked me on the cheek. "Thank you!! Are you okay with driving?" His face remained bright and happy as always.

Since I have a "troubled family situation", the government gave me exclusive permission to drive around places. I don't see why, I could just run, but I guess having Gon and luggage on my back may be a little.... annoying. "Sure." I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you have the luggage, Gon?" I yelled behind me. He stumbled out of the apartment with a backpack and a burgundy suitcase. "I have both of ours! Let's go!"

I lifted the trunk door and threw the backback in. Gon slowly lifted my suitcase and delicately placed it down. Gosh, he's great at making me feel guilty.

He hopped into the backseat as I stepped into the drivers and put the key in. Gon took a deep breath and got on his phone for directions. It seemed to be completely silent, and I sighed a breath of relief.

"So, are you excited?" Gon chirped, interrupting my moment of silence. He poked his head out from behind my chair.

"Umm, as long as you're happy, I'm happy." I smiled, starting the engine and heading forward.

"I'd love to see you in a swimsuit, Killua!" Gon laughed, covering his mouth.

"Haha, as IF! The last one you bought me was freaking PINK!" I laughed, but suddenly there was silence. "Purple is more my color." I coughed.

"So, if you could change one thing about me, what would you change?" Gon smiled.

Confused on what to say, I sat in silence.

Gon became impatient but at the same time seemed content that I didn't dislike anything about him. "Are we there yet?" He sighed, kicking the back of my seat.

Suddenly, a thought came to my mind.

"Your fashion sense." I replied.

Gon laughed and began telling me stories about when he and Ging adventured together. I felt angry the whole time, but seeing Gon's smile made it slightly better.

"You know, you're my favorite person in the WHOLE world, Killua!" Gon said out of nowhere. "I would NEVER leave you. Ever!"

"Yea, except that one time when you went out looking for your dad and left me with Alluka.... I only cried for, oh I don't know, a month."

"I wasn't gone for very long!" He rebutted. "Besides," he shrugged and backed into his seat. "You wanted to be with her."

"I HAD TO WISH TO ALLUKA FOR THE STRENGTH TO STOP CRYING!" I yelled, remembering the suffering in my past. I felt

Gon was silent with guilt. "I'm sorry, Killu. I really am."

I immediately started turning red with embarrassment. I didn't mean to make him sad, I guess... I guess....

"Gon, it's me who should be sorry. I guess... I was... well, for lack of a better word I'd say I was jealous." I sighed. I looked in the mirror to notice Gon's ears smoking with confusion.

"I didn't really have much of a dad figure. Neither did you... but then...." I blushed, blotting out noise from the background and focusing on the road.

I can't believe I nearly made him cry, I thought. What is wrong with me? What is with me today? I love him so much, and I don't have it in me to go on a road trip?

"Killua Zoldyck, pull over." Gon's voice cried out from the back. Shocked, I pulled over immediately and got out of the car. Did he hurt himself? I ran over and opened the back door.

Gon sat crying, wiping his tears away with his sleeve. His warm hazel eyes slowly began to look into my icy ones. I panicked and tried to cheer him up.

"Hey, Gon! Umm..." I searched around for something, but nothing caught my eye. "Here!" I lifted up his favorite CD. "Wanna listen to this?"

He shook his head and looked at the back of my seat. I couldn't think of anything, except one thing. I lifted him out of the car and put him down in front of me.

Unlike our usual hugs, I went for this one and nearly squeezed the life out of him. He looked up at me with sad eyes.

"What can I do?" I sighed, grabbing his shoulders.

"Well.." Gon's tears immediately stopped and a smirk creeped up his face. "You could do this!" He grabbed hold of the back of my neck and pulled it toward me. He rose up on his toes and shoved his lips into mine.

I was completely flustered, but I looked down and him with a smile. "Did you fake that whole thing just so I would kiss you?"

"Yessssss...." Gon laughed and fell back into his chair. "I was bored."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, it ends here, but the beach scene will happen another chapter sometime! I hope you enjoyed it!

Okay and I know I've been giving a lot of shoutouts to snowstar77 but she's been super super wonderful to me! She even drew some pictures of moments in my chapters in the Hunter X Hunter drawing book!

(It's called Hunter X Hunter (mostly Killugon) art! If you want to check it out... wink wink)