Tree Boy Couldn't Skate to Save His Life

Way overdue, I know-- but it's gonna be maybe worth it---? Enjoy. 
Thank @ItsDaFanbulance for the idea!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Killua POV

"Don't move...it'll just hurt more." 

~~~~
[Earlier that morning]

"I'm bored." Gon swung his feet over the arm of the couch and put his head directly in my lap. His somewhat despondent gaze stopped the second he looked at me- turning to a cheeky smile.

"Well, I'm very sorry." I replied, patting his head but picking up the book I read yesterday from the coffee table.

Gon pouted and flipped over to the side. "You know you can fix that boredom. You always do."

I remained silent, reading my book while distracting myself from the small ray of sunshine flopped on my thigh.

"You know what I've never done before?" He asked.  Knowing he would keep pushing me until I asked, I muttered out a simple "what".

"I've never gone skating before."

I was taken aback. "What? How have you, the most in-touch with nature person I know, never been skating? I mean I don't remember seeing a roller skating place on Whale Island but it could get cold and freeze the lakes over!"

"I don't own skates, though."

"But..." I searched for a response. "You come from an island for shipping stuff (I'm the queen of shipping). Were there no merchants or anything?"

"There wasn't really any icy places or places that would freeze over, so I guess they didn't bother." He shrugged. "Have you ever skated, Killu?"

My chin dipped down into a subtle nod. I was, after all, trying to read.

"When?"

"I skated when I lived at home. The lakes would freeze over often, so I'd go skating with Alluka a lot."

"And how did you get the skates? I would think that massive dog of yours would scare away anybody shipping anything."

I was somewhat silent. I didn't really want to tell Gon I strapped knives to my shoes instead of having actual skates. "I have my methods."

Gon has learned through the years what whenever I say that, back off. I appreciated it. He flipped over enough to propel him off my lap to hit his head on the coffee table. 

"Oh my gosh... Gon are you okay?" I asked, dog tagging the page to put it down. I would never have a chance to read it anyways. 

"Mhmm..." he rubbed his head. "Still bored though----" He gave me that look. The look implying he wanted something from me. It was far too familiar. 

It was my only choice. "You want to go skating, don't you?" I smiled at his happy little face beaming the second I started speaking. 

His beaming face shook in a violent nod. "And I want you to teach me!" He giggled. 

Today is gonna be a long day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five seconds. Flat on his face.

"Killu----" He sighed. "Can you help me up---?" His arm lifted backwards as if I could pick him up from there. I could. I grabbed his hand and flung him back into my chest. I caught him before his legs kicked up and possibly decapitated me. 

"Thank you---" he smiled. There were already bruises on his forehead.

"Gon, you actually need to move your legs, and make sure they don't spread out too far, okay?" I sighed, knowing he would nod, try again, and gain another bruise to add to his collection. 

He nods. The first sign. "Alright. I've got this." A look of pure determination flooded his face as he stumbled out on the ice again. The second sign. 

I had never encountered such annoying people besides those I had to work with at this rink. Teenage boys besides ourselves who thought they were SO COOL and would just skate on the rink like they lived there for thousands of years slid by Gon to...scare him...? And within seconds, Gon was down for count. 

"Gon" I couldn't help but laugh a little at how ridiculous this situation was. Tree boy couldn't skate to save his life. "Are you okay?"

"Mhmm. I'm fine" He smiled as he floated back up again. Oh please not again. I skated over to him and grabbed both of his hands. 

"Here, I'll catch you. All you have to do is push against me. I'll serve as a stabilizer, okay?" I smiled. He seemed really determined, just so he could see me do something I like?

"Awesome!" His frigid hands clutched mine for dear life as he looked down and tried to figure out how to skate by himself. 

"I would say pretend like you're marching like Illumi taught me, but just kinda pretend you're with your socks on a hardwood floor. You can balance like that if you put your mind to it." I tried to offer advice, but I could nearly see the words float in one ear and out the other. Gon was so unbelievably concentrated on being able to skate, he forgot to skate. 

We both stood there on the ice near the edge of the rink, in a dead silence. Gon looked down like he had to focus on one spot for dear life, forgetting that his feet had to move. 

"Gon, your feet need to move." 

No reply. 

"Gon?"

Firm concentration mode was far too activated. 

One whoosh, and Gon was face-first floored on the ice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had arrived at home afterwards, Gon being carried in on my back and plopped on the couch without questioning. "Where is it?" I asked. 

"On my thigh." I pushed up his pant leg and saw one of the biggest bruises from everyday activity I had ever seen. 

"Killu, I can help-" He sighed. I wasn't having it. 

"Why did you fall? You were standstill."

"I forgot to move, dummy." He smiled and stuck out his tongue.

"You're the dummy." I grabbed a tiny ice pack from the mini-fridge and put it on his yellowing bruise. 

He tried to stand up to come thank me. He winced as pressure added to regret bundled up in a ball of pain and ugh.

"Don't move, it'll just hurt more." I sighed, patting his head. I'm gonna go read, okay?"

"Alright, Killu. I love you."

"Love you too, sunshine." 

And with that, the door was closed, and his crisis averted.