Butterflies

Happy summer wonderful angels!
Two chapters planned for this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Killua POV

"That's not fair!" I ran over to the kitchen where Gon was fixing some tea. "Why won't you tell me?" I shook his right shoulder with frustration.

"Because I know you" he laughed,"and besides, you would just try and scare me whenever you got the chance!" I could see his smile growing on his face.

"No I wouldn't!" I pouted.

He looked back at the tea maker and took out his cup. "Hehe, yes you would." He waltzed over to the couch with a smirk plastered on his face. "My gosh, your face is so red, Killua! You're hilarious!" He laughed.

"But you know I hate bugs! Why can't I know what you're scared of?" I sighed, plopping down beside him.

"You know, I still don't understand that. You held a freaking BEATING HEART in your hand. How is a measly centipede any scarier?" He took a swig of his tea and looked me in the eye, one eyebrow raised above the other.

"Those disgusting things are not meant to be living in this world." I stood up, wandering around the room as if I was on stage. "What is their purpose anyways? All they do is crawl around and eat. Nothing! If they are going to remain on this planet any longer, they need to have a purpose! Imagine, you wake up, you terrorize some children, and you go to sleep again!"

"When you don't have enough chocolate that's pretty similar to what you do." He sneered.

"I am nothing like those creatures! I have dignity, I've helped to save the world from a psycho group of ants, and brought you back to reality, where you have a comfortable home and me as an added bonus! I would do anything for you! And you compare me to a centipede! How dare you! To put my dignity to shame..." I dramatically twisted back in forth in agony, putting on a better performance than an actual actor.

"You're sounding like the psycho butterfly you were just telling me about."

"Now comparing me to that insect? You imbecile---" When I flipped my bangs backward, I knew I had completely lost my mind. The coffee was getting to me from this morning.

Gon broke out in laughter, clutching his stomach. "Killua, you're so funny! I love you! Now, your birthday is coming up soon and I'm trying to order something for you. Go read a book or something, and no peeking! I want it so be a surprise!"

"Sweetie, you gave a me a freaking CAT for my birthday. You don't need to do anything else for me." I crossed my arm and turned around to the study.

"Bye.." Gon smiled, waving goodbye as he pulled out his computer.

"See ya." I pulled myself over to the study and plopped into the office chair. I took out my laptop and started trying to find him something. Everything he needs he usually buys for himself. I'm really easy to buy gifts for. He, on the other hand, is not.

I continued to look around on Amazon for something Gon would like, but I came out with nothing. I was thinking of getting him a dog (seeing as he reminds ME of one), but Kaito would not have liked that at all. I thought of giving him a gift card for some sort of restaurant, but I would have to pay the fee either way. Gon never buys stuff.  I scrolled around the cite a little longer until I heard a knock of thunder. I looked up to see little patters of rain scattered across the window, shrugged, and continued to search for a gift. Our anniversary was a bit of a stretch.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door followed by the creaks of it opening. "Hey Killua."

"Yes?!" I screamed, shutting the laptop as quick as possible as not to spoil my unplanned surprise.... not that I had anything planned.

"Can I come sit in here with you?" His face looked a little distraught, not like usual.

Ticking my head to the side, I asked, "What's wrong? You don't look okay."

"I feel perfectly fine!" Gon childishly crossed his arms and plopped down on the beanbag chair.

It clicked, slightly. "Is it the rain or something?"

Gon made the face he usually made when he was about to blush, but no pink formed on his cheeks. "I'm not scared of any silly old rain, Killu."

I sat up from my chair and walked over to crouch beside him. "I can tell when you're lying, Gon. I know when you're uncomfortable too. What would help?"

"Hug me." He coughed, fidgeting around a little bit.

I sat down next to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Squishing our cheeks together, Gon let out a small sigh. He didn't look any more comfortable. Trying again, I pecked him on the cheek.

"What about that?" I was officially concerned.

No reply from Gon except more fidgeting.

"Come on, sunshine! The rain isn't going to hurt you! I won't let it." I nuzzled my head against his shoulder.

Something didn't add up. "How can you be afraid of storms, after all, you basically lived outside rain or shine for twelve years. And besides, my Nen power is lightning, and you haven't responded like this! Is something wrong?"

I do believe I looked truly worried. I was. Gon continued to be silent. "Hmm." I sighed. "Guess I know what you're afraid of now. Don't worry. I'm here."

Silence.

"You know, insects have always made me uncomfortable, but I've always hated butterflies. Not just for obvious reasons, it's just....they remind me of home a little too much. Silly, right? Who could think that such a pretty creature could cause an ex-assassin such....discomfort. You never know."

Leaning over, our lips touched, my hand slid beside his jaw.

"There." I smiled, acting happy in front of this new despondent Gon.

Then, it changed. Gon's timid face switched in seconds to a grin and raised eyebrows. "GOTCHA!"
Gon stood up, leaving me very confused and uncomfortable on the beanbag chair.

"What?"

"I tricked you!" Gon stuck out his tongue. "You thought I was afraid of thunder!" He was beaming at his 'accomplishment'.

"I'm confused.." I smiled at his happy little self.

"I could never be afraid of your power! Got you!" With that, Gon skipped out of the room. I heard the squeak of the couch and the subtle giggles from the other room.

Apparently, he got me. Congrats, Gon. Congrats.