You're Really Good, Killua!

Guys.... oh my gosh.... *deep breath*........you're all so sweet. Thank you truly for the messages I received for the last A/N. This one is dedicated and requested by @MalissyJ17! Give them some love! They're super sweet!

I'm also extremely sorry for not updating- here's a free hug

HUGGGGGGGG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killua POV

I never liked singing. The noise of it made me frustrated, the notes confused me, and usually all the words are about love and stuff- none of which ever applied to me. Whenever Gon turned on the radio, I tended to tune out and look out the window, but I couldn't IMAGINE being stuck in a room without a window to look out. Yes, Gon asked me out today. To a karaoke bar. 

I scooped up a handful of sink water and splashed it on my face, trying to clear my thoughts. I looked myself into the eyes in the mirror. I looked tolerable. At most.

The moment that Gon's feet pattered down the hallway, I knew that death was unavoidable. My sunshine boyfriend would come and force me to make musical sounds with my really low and scratchy voice. Goodbye, world.

"Come on, Killua!" He flung open the bathroom door and pulled me out by the collar of my V-neck. I struggled trying to unlatch his hand from my shirt, but it was no use. "We're going to have so much fun this afternoon!"

I blushed a dark crimson, because I actually looked forward to spending some time with Gon.  Although I don't like singing, I guess Gon does. Maybe... he'd be good at it.....

Suddenly, Gon tugged me out of the door and into the driver's seat. He swayed back and forth with a smile plastered on his face while he closed his eyes.

"You really want us to do this together, don't you?" I sighed, shoving my keys in the ignition.

He jumped on me into a hug and pecked me on the cheek. "Don't you?" 

"It's not that I-I-I don't want to sp-p-pend time with you..." I muttered, starting the ignition and putting my foot on the pedal. "I just don't like singing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Killua! Look!" Gon leaned out of his seat and pointed to the karaoke bar's giant sign.

"Yea, we're here." I avoided all eye contact and nudged into the nearest parking spot. "You go ahead, get us registered, I'll just....sit here for a bit." 

Suddenly, two hands snatched my shoulders and pulled me over to make contact. "Killua, everything's going to be alright. We're going to have a ton of fun! I promise! Now, come on inside!" Gon popped out of the car, sprinted nearly at my Godspeed to the other side of the car, flung open the door, and pulled me out by my arm.

"Hey! Let go!" I tugged to get my arm back, but before I knew it, I was already stumbling through the front door. When I finally had my arm by my side again, I stood on the other side of the front desk, staring eye-to-eye to a very short woman with long black hair and a nose ring.

"Come on," Gon whispered in my ear. "Just tell him a room for two."

"No! Gon!" I snapped back, completely ignoring the woman now growing impatient in front of me. "That sounds really wrong, idiot!" I shoved my hands in my pockets and blushed bright pink. 

"Umm..." I shrugged, "Room for tw-----umm....."

I looked to Gon for guidance, but he simply nudged me in the arm. "Two in one ro--------umm....."

The lady typed a few letters in her keyboard and signaled for us to go to room 169, the last room down the hallway. 

"Uhh... thank you." I snatched Gon's hand and sprinted away. With the hurried click of the door, it was just Gon and I....alone in a small grey room with a mini stage, a purple couch, and a black table. Nothing could possibly be more threatening. I felt a bead of sweat trickle down the back of my neck and my jaw tensed up. And of course, we had to be singing! Of all activities, he chose SINGING!

"So!" Gon grabbed by hand and threw me on to the couch. "What song would you like to do?"

"You go first. I don't have one in mind." I looked at my swinging feet, my bangs hanging over my eyes. Why did he have to choose singing? Why don't I like singing?

---------------Flashback: Killua, Age 8--------------------

"Mom, I want to go outside and play! It's so stuffy in this house!"

"Never! Stay with me, Killua! Your destiny is to be my heir!"

"I want to play with Alluka! Why can she go outside? It's not fair!"

"It is not a part of this family. Killu, you are!"

"Alluka is family! I love her! And I'm going to go outside with her!!"

I ran outside of the doors and into the open forest, my mother's wails following me like a bloodhound. I squinted my eyes and kept running until I reached the open space in the forest. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My mind wouldn't allow me to remember what would happen next. I wouldn't. I couldn't. I don't like singing. By the time I had ended my thought process, I realized Gon had already finished his first song. His eyes were wide with excitement, thinking he would receive feedback from me. 

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I nodded and clapped. Gon hopped off the mini-stage and handed the microphone to me. "Come on, it's your turn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gon POV

Killua looked petrified. I knew that he didn't like singing. I bet something from his past was haunting him. But, why must one suffer because of something they can't control?

With a nearly shaking hand, he took the microphone and rose up from the couch. 

"I want to sing....acapella." He stuttered. 

"Really?" I smiled, encouraging him. "What does that mean?" I sunk into the couch cushions and stared at Killua's face. 

"I'm singing by myself." He tapped his toe and scratched the back of his head. 

Swaying back and forth, I awaited the start of his tune. I had never heard him sing before, obviously. When he started, I was awestruck.

The entire time, Killua blushed and stared at the floor, but his voice...

The only way possibly I could describe it was if a spoon was tapped gently against glass. His voice was so unbelievably pure, it could break glass. Like a boy in a choir. Like a wind chime. It was..... beautiful.

"Okay," Killua's voice croaked as he stopped singing. "I'm done."

"Killua..." I jumped off the couch and leaped on to the stage. I snatched his shoulders like before and plunged his head into a kiss. "You're with me now. That was beautiful."

"Gon, stop it. You're being ridiculous." He pushed my shoulders away and looked at the wall.

"Killua..." I whined. "I think you're the one being ridiculous. You're really good, Killua! Singing isn't a sin. Singing's allowed."

His eyes suddenly sparkled a little bit and a smirk grew on his face. "Really?"

"Yes, and why don't we sing the next song together?" 

"Okay!" His arms wrapped around me into a firm hug. 

"Gon..." He sighed. 

"Thank you."