Chapter Fourteen

Jug and I went back to my house in a comfortable silence. When I walked into the house, a sense of sadness washed over me, but I quickly tried to shut down those feelings. They can wait until I've found out the true culprits of this act. 

     "Okay Jug, so I remember that they put all their taxes, and documents in the file cabinet in their office." We ran up the steps looking around the whole room for any luck in finding just some closure. I quickly, but thoroughly ran my hands across the files searching. One of the files seemed a little too big to be just papers, I shakily opened it up to find a little red flash drive.

     "Jug come over here for a sec." Walking over beside my side, we both looked looked at each other, nervous for the outcome. I sighed and put it into my fathers' computer sitting down in his chair, as Jug stood towering above me. As I put it in, a file came up with capital letters spelling out,"Private." Double clicking on the file sent me to two videos, one was "I know your secret" the second was, "hush." I clicked on the first to see Cheryl, my mother, and my father all in a room together. Cheryl paced as my parents looked at her emotionless. They were in the woods, the same ones Jason was killed.

     "I cannot believe after all these years you decide now to tell us!" Cheryl boomed at my parents as her cheeks burning with an angry fire.

     "Cheryl, quit being so selfish, our argument is done." Mother stood pathetically checking her nails, I guess looking for some sort of entertainment other than this.

     "How could you not tell us you were our father?" Her teeth barred just like an animal, I slammed the laptop shut pushing back the chair, falling to the hard ground.

     "Jug...." He quickly ran in front of me holding my arms.

     "(Y/n)...." I looked off into the distance gathering my thoughts, trying to figure reason after reason why I was never told this, and how it was even true.

     "I'm sorry I know there's more, but can we take a break? I'm parched." I stood up quickly, dusting my jeans off, wiping little tears from my face.

     "(y/n) talk to me, I know this must be so hard for you." I shook my head after he finished his thought.

     "No, no it's okay just is a lot to take in." I slowly walked into the kitchen, resembling a zombie probably. Wow, just when you thought you had learned all your parents demons. 

I know it's not much, sawy.

       Love,

            Grace Lynn