Chapter Seventeen

"She's Moving! Doctor!" I groaned at the voice that filled the whole hospital, it sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure who it was. A burning sensation filled throughout my body. You know, so many people are afraid of death, but it's not death they should be afraid of. It's the recovering of the deadly experience.

"Shh you're so loud." The person's eyes filled happiness and hope as they ran over to me.

"(Y/n)! You're awake!" Tears streamed down their face, cupping my face in their hands. "I thought I lost you." I looked at them confused, my eyes filled with terror and anger all at once.

"What are you doing here?" I jumped in confusion at the recognition of their face.

"What is wrong with you! We were close before you came into this hospital." Their eyes filled with a mock sadness it seemed.

"Archie what are you doing here. Where is Jug, is he alright?" I had a fear in my heart as I remembered what Jason said in the dream. What if he was dangerous? Even if Jason was a figment of my imagination it was myself warning me of him. I tried to go over the whole trip in my mind, trying to figure out if he has done anything suspicious this whole time. I could obviously be overreacting, but better safe than sorry I guess.

"Where were you today?" I asked him puzzled, trying to not show petrified look in my eyes.

"I had to help V with a project. We're partners." And that, seemed made up. The ending he put on it was too much, that mixed with the terrified look in his eyes were setting me off.

"Okay well-"

"(Y/n) you're up!" I smiled profusely at the voice.

"Juggy!" I wrapped my hands around his neck, as his went around my sickly body.

"Hey Archie." Jug gave him a small smile as his body sat next to mine. I on the other hand gave him a wary look. A look that must've scared him enough to look so nervous.

"Hey Jug I should go, you know V." He gave a nervous laugh as he stumbled out of the room.

"He's done something." Jug turned to me, looking so handsome in his grey beanie and leather jacket. I looked confused at him.

"Why are you wearing a serpent jacket?" His face went pale as his hand stopped in his tracks as he was caressing my face.

"How do you know who the serpents are?" I rolled my eyes, but understanding the confusion.

"My family were big shots, quit avoiding the question...why are you wearing the jacket?" He looked down in shame.

"I'm sorry, I had to protect you."

I'm sorry it's short but I haven't read and edited this chapter. I hope you enjoy :)

               Love,

                      Grace Lynn