Do Not Disobey Your Mother

The rest of the camping trip seemed to drag on. Clarke was sitting in the tent with Gloria (another mother) talking about how the experience was going so far. She was helping Clarke wrap up her bruised arm. 

"How are you liking the trip so far?" asked Gloria. Just before Clarke could tell her what was going on she saw Rebecca standing outside of the tent. She just told Gloria that she was enjoying herself. After Gloria had finished helping her dress her wound they, both went out to find Rebecca who was sitting with some of the other moms. She told one of them that she had to take Clarke home early to see if there was anything wrong with her arm. 

Clarke knew that if she went home now that she would be with Rebecca for another two weeks before her father got back from his trip. 

Rebecca packed the few things that she and Clake brought on their excursion and began their travel to the car. Clarke quietly sat in the back of the car the entire ride home. Finally, Rebecca had pulled into the driveway of their house. She got out of the car and ran to her room before Rebecca could even look in her direction. 

Rebecca walked into the kitchen to grab some supplies that would help with Clarke's wrist. She calmly walked up the stairs and down the hall, to Clarke's bedroom where she overheard her on the computer with her grandmother. Clarke was telling her how she sprained her wrist, Rebecca burst through the door and rushed to the desk to unplug the computer. She put her hair in a ponytail and had Clarke sit so she could wrap up her wrist. 

As Rebecca sat there wrapping Clarke's arm, she could see the rage that sat beyond her eyes. When she was finished she asked Clarke to hand over all of the electronics. Clarke looked at her as if she was completely mad. Rebecca could see that Clarke wanted to be defiant so she went into the garage, she grabbed and hammer and went back to Clarke's room. She smashed the desktop, Clarke then hurried and collected the rest of the electronics she had and handed them over to Rebecca. Steven had called Rebecca an hour later asking her what happened to Clarke's wrist. She made Clarke tell him that she fell playing outside and that she only told her grandmother that because she didn't like Rebecca.

That night while Clarke was asleep, Rebecca snuck out of the house to pay a visit to Ada, Clarke's grandmother. When Ada opened the door she was shocked, yet very angry to see Rebecca. Rebecca invited herself into the home where she wanted to have a little chit-chat with Ada.

"Get the hell out Rebecca. Clarke told me what you did to her while on that camping trip." Ada yelled.

Rebecca went and sat at the table in the kitchen. 

"Butt out of my business. Clarke is my daughter and when she misbehaves it is my job to discipline her how I see fit. There was no need for you to call Steve." She calmly replied

"I'm coming to get Clarke in the morning. I'm not gonna let her stay with you any longer. Clarke already had a mother and it is a shame she isn't here. My daughter will always be her mother." She declared.

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT." Screamed Rebecca. She leaped out at Ada and pushed her. She fell and hit her head on the brick fireplace. 

"Say hello to your daughter for me." she said as she walked out of the house.