...Birthday

Clarke sat on the floor holding her cheek as Rebecca's long legs walked pass her. She thought about running away but where ever Clarke ran she knew Rebecca would find her. 

Clarke got up and went upstairs to her room. She began fixing up her room when she noticed the boy outside bouncing the basketball in his backyard.  She threw the dirty clothes she had in the hamper and made her bed. 

Meanwhile, in the study, Rebecca made a few phone calls to some of her old friends. She made plans to meet with him for dinner later that evening. Clarke came downstairs to grab a water bottle from the refrigerator. She deliberately made sure that she didn't acknowledge Rebecca's presence and went right back upstairs. 

Clarke wanted to cry but her tears duct were running low on tears. She sat on the edge of her bed remembering what life was like before the evil step-smother walked into her life. Times like when she and her father used to go and spend days with her grandmother. She even tried to remember what her real mother looked like, although she couldn't make out a clear image in her head she imagined that she would be nothing like Rebecca.

Clarke could taste salt in her mouth and realized that she was crying, she didn't want Rebecca to see her like this so she went into the bathroom to take a bath and relax. Mid soak, Rebecca came into the bathroom as if nothing had every happed a couple of hours earlier. 

 "Sweetheart"  she began "I know that I have been tough on you, but it's because I love you. I just want the best for us and most of all your life." she said crouching down next to the bath. Clarke's eyes focused on Rebecca's hand as in glided on her bath water. Rebecca grabbed a towel and gestured for Clarke to stand up and come into the fuzziness of the cloth. Clarke and Rebecca made their way down the hall to her room and grabbed some pajamas for Clarke to throw on.

"I just want us to build more of a connection...so I'm selling the house and buying another far away from here," exclaimed Rebecca. Just as she finished her sentence the clock struck midnight. Happy Birthday Clarke

P.S- Go check out my new story Summer Camp. Its more along the line of this but I'm taking my time to write it. So I hope its much better.