Part 4 - Relocation

As my water tank is wheeled down long, winding hallways, I keep as quiet as possible. Spider-Man walks just five or so feet in front of me, perfect range that I could spit a fireball at his ass if I so desired. While that would be entertaining, I'd rather not get a web to the mouth.

Continuing down the hall, we reach a set of wide hangar doors. Obviously we'll be travelling by jet of some kind. I still don't understand why I would be moved without everyone else, especially all by myself. I can't possibly be seen as that big of a threat.

"How exactly is this making up for you concussing me with a suitcase?" I ask, rolling my eyes. Spider-Man slows his pace to walk next to my rolling tank. For a superhero, he's really not helping these guys with the heavy lifting.

The hangar doors open to reveal a black jet with a 'Stark Industries' symbol painted on its left side.

"You're just going to have to trust me," he chuckles, looking up at me. The white eyes of his suit enlarge as his gaze lands on me.

"You're not serious..." I laugh, earning a shrug from the spandex clad kid. "I've never even seen your face."

Without much of a hesitation, Spider-Man removes his mask and tucks it into a pocket I didn't realize he had. I study his features, coming to the undeniable conclusion that he is really good looking. With brown curly hair, deep brown puppy dog eyes and chiseled bone structure, it's honestly hard not to stare.

"You're staring, you know." He smiles, showing off his pearly white teeth. His cheeks flush with a pale pink colour.

"You're just different than I was expecting" I answer, finally prying my eyes away from his cheekbones. In all honesty, I did believe he'd be some sort of burn victim or Quasimodo type of horror show. Why else would he wear a super restricting mask?

"Good different?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Ye-," I begin to say, "I haven't decided yet." I finish, not wanting to admit to him that I find him more attractive than I thought I would. That would be a weird start to our relationship.

We reach the aircraft and I am pushed up a ramp, into the passenger area. The inside of the jet is quite small, with the cockpit being easily in view from my tank. Spider-Man follows behind me, finding a seat along the wall across from where I am and buckling up. He leans forward as rests his forearms on his thighs, staring up at me.

"You're not as corrupt as I thought you'd be." He comments, pursing his lips together in thought. He watches me intently, seeming to study my actions closely.

"Thanks?" I raise an eyebrow and squint my eyes, answering sarcastically. An awkward silence falls over the two of us, giving me prime opportunity to ask some questions. "Why take me alone?"

"You're the hardest to contain, apparently" Spider-Man answers simply. "Stark is engineering a special suit for you so you don't have to sit in a tank anymore. It's gonna be super cool"

"Why would he make a suit for me? Aren't you arresting me?" The more questions I ask, the more confused I seem to get.

"What? No..." He seems hesitant to continue, "your powers are special, never before seen. You're also not properly trained to be an Avenger. He wants you to come with me to the Avengers training facility where we can be properly prepared for what's coming. No matter what side of this Cap vs Iron Man thing you're on, there are more important things to prepare for." He clears his throat and continues, "the suit is just a cautionary thing really, just to keep you from burning me and other people."

I take a minute to process what he's saying. I'm not being punished, I'm being taken to the Avengers facility to get some fighting lessons? I've already been trained by Clint Barton, and he said I was a great fighter. I don't think there's anything this web slinger could teach me that I don't already know... And keeping me in a special suit that prohibits the use of my powers? That hardly sounds fair.

"So, what, you're my... Babysitter?" I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah, so don't misbehave or I'll punish you," he smirks, then quickly bursts into laughter.

"What's your real name, Spider-Child?" I ask, purposefully getting his hero name wrong.

"Spider-Man, first of all. And second, my name is Peter. Peter Parker." He raises a finger to his lips in a 'hush' symbol, "Just don't tell anyone" He leans back in his seat as we begin our ascent. "And you?"

"Call me Ash. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me"