Part 14- Super Suits

Previously....
"If you really care about him..." Nat warns, "don't leave while he still cares about you."

"What do you mean?" I ask. Hearing the word 'him', my immediate thought is always Pete. I'm not totally sure what she means.

"Pete is a good kid. He's strong and he's brave, but he's stupid and naive. He trusts you, he cares about you, he likes you, maybe he even loves you. If you want him to be okay in the end, you need to lie. You need to tell him that you don't feel the same way. That's the only way he'll ever get over this."

"I don't think I can do this..." I stutter, knitting my eyebrows together.

"Think of something." Nat crosses her arms over her chest.

"I have an idea... " I bite my lip, knowing that what I'm about to say is going to rip my own heart out.

-

"So how was your day with Nat?" Pete asks, wrapping his hand around mine. Together we walk back towards the kitchen and tv room, which no one ever happens to be in for some reason. Well come to think of it, Vision doesn't eat, Nat probably only eats weird Russian stew and celery, and Tony probably has personal chefs. So maybe there are reasons.

"It was... Informative. Always learning new stuff from her." I smile, squeezing his hand.

We reach the kitchen and sit down in our usual spots on the couch. My spot is half laid on top of him, but I don't really mind much.

Pete lays back on the couch with his legs apart, laing lengthwise. I sit in between his outstretched legs, with my back against his chest. I sigh and lean back into him, with my head resting just at his collarbone.

I inhale deeply, bombarded by the smell Pete always carries with him. He doesn't wear cologne like a lot of stupid fifteen year old kids, which I find very attractive. His smell comes solely from his hair and his B.O is masked by odourless deodorant. The shampoo he uses must be minty of some sort, because he always smells like a mix of mint and something else I can't quite place.

Pete leans his cheek to rest on my hair. My eyes drift for a short moment, until Pete quickly jolts and lifts me off of him. He stands in front of me and extends his arms.

I place my hands in his and allow him to pull me up.

"You want to see my room?" He asks.

"Um, yeah??" A smile creeps onto my face and ignites my features.

Following Pete down a hallway I've never seen before, we reach a room with a label to its right, reading "P. Parker. Spiderling".

"Spiderling?" I giggle, "I love it."

"Shut up," he chuckles, "Mr. Stark engraved it. Nothing I can do now."

"I think it's cute." I bite my lip and smile, clearly blushing.

Pete opens the door and leads me inside, gesturing for me to sit down on the bed. I comply to his request and scan the room. His room is carpeted with a walk out balcony, a dresser, tv, canopy bed, and an ensuite. It's definitely a step up from my twin bed in a bunker.

"Holy shit," I gape, "why do you ever leave this room?" My wide eyes continue to scan the room, avoiding Pete completely.

"Because I get to see you." Pete says. I turn towards him and find his face very close to mine. I lean in and kiss him, smiling into it.

This kiss does not turn into anything more, but it's perfect enough to have on its own without any awkward tension.

"God, you're beautiful." Pete gushes, staring into my bright auburn eyes. I blush and my cheeks grow hot, causing me to look away from him and to the floor. I tuck some loose hair behind my ear and smile.

"Pete?" I ask, a mischievous idea coming to mind.

"Yeah?" He replies, moving closer to me on the foot of his bed.

"Can... Can I try on the suit?" I bite my lip nervously and let out a laugh.

"As long as you don't burn it...." He warns, standing from the bed and making his way to his dresser. He opens the top drawer and pulls out his all-too-famous Spider-Man suit, then tosses it to me abruptly.

"No promises," I tease, winking at him as I disappear into the ensuite with the Spider-Man suit in hand.

I slide it up my legs, laughing about how tight it is. Pete must have tiny chicken legs to fit in this thing. Once I have it pulled over my shoulders, I realize that the arms are too long and so are the legs. Although they fit width wise, Pete is much taller than me. I leave the mask in the bathroom, knowing that getting my hair into it would be a nightmare and a half.

"Pete? how do you fit in this thing?" I giggle, opening the door of the bathroom and showing off my attire.

An enormous smile washes over Pete's face and he walks over towards me. He pushes a button on the suit that I didn't know was there and suddenly everything feels air-locked. Everything fits.

"Wow, I look great. I'm keeping it." A smile tugs at my lips, while Pete frowns.

"No, no, no, you can have anything but that."

"Anything?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Anything." He replies, closing the space between us. He runs his hand down my arm, feeling the fabric of his own suit against my skin. His eyes meet mine and I see the all-too-familiar deep brown.

I jump into the air, flipping upside down. Without the restricting suit on, my powers work just fine. I stand on the ceiling, imitating Pete and how he would act as Spider-Man. My head is in line with Peter's as I stand on the ceiling.

"You know, if you could fly you wouldn't need the webs." I chuckle, crossing my arms over my chest.

"The webs are the most important part of the costume, honey. Don't underestimate them." He sighs.

"What? You mean... These?" I ask, quickly holding my arms out in front of me, revealing the web shooters attached to the arms of the suit. I press down on the button and a web flies out, sticking to the wall behind Pete.

He spins around and examines where the web stuck, then turns back towards me. As he turns back I move close to him, just inches from his face. His eyes widen as he realizes my change in position. Completely upside down, I move in towards him and place my lips on his.

While an upside down kiss sounds very difficult and confusing, it's really exhilarating and enjoyable. Pete's lips move with mine in perfect sync. I feel him smile into it, and I know he's happy.

I pull away and stare into his eyes, and slowly flip myself back upright. My feet lightly tap the ground.

"Now, do you want to show me how to make a proper web?"